Come Follow Me 10/9/2023 – Devotionals & FHE for Children
If you find these Come Follow Me 10/9 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/9 for Kids
Lead, Kindly Light (Hymns #97)
- What does it mean to shine as a light to the world?
- How can you be a good example and shine the light of Christ at school? At the playground? At work?
- Have you noticed anyone else that shines? How does it make you feel when you are around them?
Play flashlight tag
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/9 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 10/9: Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/9 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/9 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/9:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/9 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 10/9
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 10/9
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Lord, I Would Follow Thee (Hymns #220)
- Both the ideas that Jesus saves everyone from their sins no matter what and that we can save ourselves by being good are wrong.
- When he talks about working out our own salvation is talking about doing our part to follow Christ as best as we can.
- Nephi stated that it is Christ’s grace that saves us after all that we can do.
What are things I can do this week to show Christ I want to follow Him?
I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go (Hymns #270)
- What kinds of things did Paul sacrifice or give up to follow Jesus?
- Do you have to give anything up?
- What will you do when you are asked to give away something important to you in order to follow Christ or do His work?
- It is always worth it to make a sacrifice in order to do what Christ asks.
What can I sacrifice this week to be a better follower of the Savior?
Happy Song (Children’s #264)
- We can have the ‘peace of God’ in all things. Even when everything in our lives is hard.
- Have you ever been in a hard or sad situation but still felt happy/at peace when you turned to God?
- It is important to be happy when things are good, but it is also important to be happy even when things aren’t good.
When I am upset, what can I do to feel peace?
I Believe in Christ (Hymns #134)
- Make a list of all the things you hear in the scripture about Jesus Christ.
- What did you learn that was new/stood out to you?
- We can always grow our faith in Christ by studying the scriptures.
My favorite thing about Jesus is….
I’m Trying to Be like Jesus (Children’s #78)
- The scripture includes several attributes of people that are converted to Christ.
- Are there any that you think you already have?
- Are there any that you want to work on?
- Reviewing your life like this can help you stay on the right path.
What can I do this week to be a disciple of Jesus?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 10/9
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 10/9:
Invite the children to share with their families what they learned about Jesus Christ. They could use this week’s activity page or a scripture they read during class today.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 10/9
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/9 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/9
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 10/9
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Choose any of these Impossible tasks activities that you didn’t do on Monday. Remind your family that gaining the Celestial Kingdom would be similarly impossible without Christ’s Atonement combined with our faith and good works.
- Read Colossians 2:2–3. Fill a “treasure chest” with things that represent the “riches” and “treasures of wisdom and knowledge” you find in the gospel.
- Philippians 4:8 Coloring Page
- Do everything without complaining or arguing – choosing a thankful heart craft.
- Break the Code – Gratitude – Discover a message about gratitude
- Give Thanks (Color by Number) – Color in the words ‘give thanks’ using the listed color and number combinations.
- “Grow a Family Gratitude Tree” (November 2018 Friend). Make a family gratitude tree by writing things you are grateful for on paper leaves. Discuss how this also roots you in Christ.
- Coloring Page: “My faith in Jesus Christ blesses my life. I am thankful for my blessings.” (November 2007 Friend)
- “Fishing for Blessings” (November 2017 Friend). Play this game with your family to talk about ways Heavenly Father has blessed you.
- “3-D Thankful Apple” (November 2018 Friend). Instructions for making a paper apple that has things you are grateful for written on it.
- Words of Encouragement – Be like Paul and write an encouraging message of support to someone who might need it.
- Make a family discipleship plan
- The Letter to the Colassians – the new man and the old man craft
- Different Colossians crafts
Are these Come Follow Me 10/9 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!