If you find these Come Follow Me 4/10 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/10 for Kids
Praise to the Man (Hymns #27)
- The priesthood is Heavenly Father’s Power.
- He gives it to his children to do his work and miracles.
- Priesthood Keys
- He gives us keys so we can use his power. Like we have keys to our cars and house that other’s can use.
- The Prophet has all the keys and he gives some of them to other people so they can all do the work.
- Jesus gave the apostles the keys.
- Joseph Smith received them as well.
Get 5 or 6 keys and have each child pick one or more to find the lock that it matches.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 4/10 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 4/10: Matthew 16:15–16
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/10 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 4/10 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/10:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 4/10 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 4/10
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 4/10
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Testimony (Hymns #137)
- How did Peter know who Jesus was?
- How do you know that Jesus is the Savior?
- What ways could you learn more about Christ’s mission and who He was?
How can I know Jesus is the Son of God?
Solve the code to know what to do to build your testimony.
Easter Hosanna (Children’s #68)
- What happened on the Mount of Transfiguration?
- Transfigured means that He was glorified.
- Who was with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration?
- The apostles also received the keys, or authority, to lead Christ’s church after He died.
How can I support the apostles who have the keys today?
The Spirit of God (Hymns #2)
- Jesus promised to give Peter the “keys to the kingdom of Heaven”
- We know that these are the authority to use the priesthood.
- Do you remember from Family Home Evening what the keys of the priesthood do? (They unlock blessings of Heavenly Father for everyone.)
How do we get authority today?
Lead, Kindly Light (Hymns #97)
- We have to have faith for miracles to happen.
- Sometimes we may not have a lot of faith (we may doubt the miracle can happen.)
- But even a little bit of faith can help our faith grow.
How can I increase my faith?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/10
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/10:
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 4/10
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/10 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 4/10
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 4/10
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Coloring page “I Am the Light of the World”
- Watch this video “Priesthood Keys: The Restoration of Priesthood Keys”
- Tracing sheet Jesus ordains 12 apostles
- Jesus Began the Church Maze
- Break the Code – Jesus “I Am” Statements – Write the previous letter in the alphabet to decipher several of Jesus’ “I am” statements
- Jesus Began the Church Bible Craft
- “Sharing Time: Jesus Organized His Church” (February 1991 Liahona and May 1990 Friend). An explanation of the organization of the primitive church. Includes riddles about different priesthood offices.
- Jesus Began the Church Word Line Up
- Seashell Boat Bible Craft
- Peter Recognized Jesus Word Search
Are these Come Follow Me 4/10 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!