If you find these Come Follow Me 4/3 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/3 for Kids
I Believe in Christ (Hymns #134)
- Read “The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles” together as a family.
- Have each person pick one part of the message they liked and make a poster about it to share with someone this week about Easter.
Take turns hiding pictures of the Savior around the room and have the children find him.
Choose something yummy from this list of 100 Easter Treats and desserts.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 4/3 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 4/3: John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/3 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 4/3 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/3:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 4/3 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 4/3
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 4/3
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Christ the Lord Is Risen Today (Hymns #200)
- How did Mary Magdalene and Mary react when the Angel told them that Jesus had risen? (They ran to tell the others!)
- How did they react when Jesus met them on they way? (They worshiped him and held his feet)
How can I share my excitement about Jesus’s resurrection with others?
Abide with Me; ‘Tis Eventide (Hymns #165)
- How did the disciples find out about Jesus being resurrected?
- Did they know it was him at first?
- How did they find out? How did they feel when they realized who it was?
How can I have Jesus appear to me?
When He Comes Again (Children’s #82)
- Thomas didn’t believe that Jesus was resurrected until he saw him. Why do you think Thomas didn’t believe?
- Do sometimes we have a hard time believing somethings? Do you believe that Jesus was resurrected?
How can I believe Jesus is real when I haven’t seen Him?
He Is Risen! (Hymns #199)
- Christ appeared to 500 other people in addition to the women and the 12 apostles.
- Jesus also appeared to the Nephites
- Why did He appear to so many people?
- They were able to be witnesses of Him to everyone. Just like the apostles’ witnesses that we read in family home evening.
How can I be a witness of Christ?
God’s Daily Care (Hymns #306)
- These are some of the blessings that we receive because Christ died for us and was resurrected.
- Which are your favorite?
What does Jesus’s resurrection mean to me?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/3
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/3:
To help the children share what they learned with their families, encourage them to sing a song about Jesus Christ at home this week.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 4/3
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/3 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 4/3
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 4/3
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch Blessed Are They That Have Not Seen, and Yet Have Believed
- A Lesson for Thomas – Write the letter that comes between the two letters shown to find out what Jesus said to a doubtful Thomas
- Watch The Risen Lord Appears to the Apostles
- Major Detective Work! – Open to John 20:1-24 and fill in the grid
- Jesus Is Alive Maze – Help Mary find her way to Jesus’ tomb
- TONS of Easter activities from the Friend magazine.
- Watch Jesus is Resurrected
- Jesus Is Alive! Color By Number
- Watch Follow Him – An Easter Message about Jesus Christ
- Coloring Page – Doubting Thomas
- Watch Because of Him – Easter Video
- Label a Roman Soldier coloring page and worksheet
- Jesus Is Alive! Bible Craft
- Watch He Lives
- Coloring Page – Women at the Tomb
- Find the Cave Maze – Help the disciples through the maze to find the cave where Jesus was laid
- The Good News – Find the angels message to the women at Jesus’ tomb
Are these Come Follow Me 4/3 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!