If you find these Come Follow Me 12/11 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 12/11 for Kids
I Lived in Heaven (Children’s #4)
- The Book of Revelation contains much of the plan of salvation.
- Chapter 12 teaches us about the pre-mortal life and war between Satan and those who chose to follow Christ even before we were born.
- Satan was cast out because of his rebellion.
- Those who followed him were as well.
- All of us on the earth chose to follow Christ instead.
What was it like to live with Heavenly Father before I was born?
Color and put together the plan of happiness booklet.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 12/11 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 12/11: Revelation 14:6
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 12/11 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 12/11 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 12/11:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 12/11 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 12/11
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 12/11
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
We’ll Bring the World His Truth (Children’s #172)
- We don’t know very much about the War in Heaven.
- From these verses, what do you think it would have been like?
- That war continues today on earth.
- What does this teach us about how we can overcome Satan?
What can you do to protect yourself from Satan’s attacks?
An Angel from on High (Hymns #13)
- A fulfillment of this prophecy was the angel Moroni showing Joseph Smith where the Book of Mormon was hidden.
- Through that book, the everlasting gospel is being spread throughout the world.
Who can I share the Book of Mormon with?
- These are events in the 6th seal and talk about the gathering of Israel.
- What do we learn about Jesus and those who follow Him?
- How can we help gather Israel?
- What can these verses teach us about why we wear white for baptismal and temple ordinances?
How can I gather Israel?
“Twelve Tribes of Israel” (August 1990 Friend)
Chapter headings of Revelations 8, 9, 11
- These verses talk about the Last Days? What do we learn about what will happen?
- How can we prepare spiritually for these events?
What can I do to be ready spiritually for the Last Days?
- Revelation 10 tells of a book that an angel gives to John and commands him to eat.
- What might this symbolize?
- We all have missions to complete. How do we accept them? How do we know what they are?
How can I learn about my mission on earth?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 12/11
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 12/11:
Help the children write down a word or phrase that will help them remember something they learned in class today. Invite them to show what they wrote to someone at home and share what they learned.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 12/11
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 12/11 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 12/11
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 12/11
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- “The Armor of God” (October 2019 Friend). Find the hidden objects in this illustration of a girl who has drawn a picture of the armor of God.
- The Armor of God Shoes of the Gospel of Peace Obstacle Course for Kids
- “The Earth Was Created for You!” (February 2018 Friend). Find the words from each day of the Creation in this word search.
- Free Armor of God printable that can be dressed up.
- “Heavenly Father Prepared a Way for Me to Return to Him” (January 2014 Liahona and Friend). Make a poster representing your path back to Heavenly Father.
- Armor of God scavenger hunt for kids
- Coloring page: “Jesus Christ created the earth for me.” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
- The Armor of God Breastplate of Righteousness Craft for Kids
- “Our Beautiful World: Part of the Plan” (January 2005 Liahona and Friend). Find your home on a map and draw a picture of you enjoying Heavenly Father’s creations.
- Coloring page: “My Life Has a Plan” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend). Includes a short story about a 10-year-old boy.
- “Heavenly Father Has a Plan for His Children” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend). Look up each scripture and then glue it under the word on the step that helps us return back to Heavenly Father.
- “On the Right Path” (February 2000 Liahona and January 2000 Friend). Includes an activity to look up scriptures on road signs that will help us to stay on the path to the celestial kingdom.
Are these Come Follow Me 12/11 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!