If you find these Come Follow Me 10/16 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/16 for Kids
The Thirteenth Article of Faith (Children’s #132)
- There is a lot of good counsel in these verses.
- Pick a verse that you want your family to focus on and make some signs with the verse on it.
- Put it somewhere so you can all see it and remember to do what it says.
Elephant cake pops (“We believe in being honest, true, chased by an elephant…..”)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/16 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 10/16: 2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/16 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/16 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/16:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/16 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 10/16
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 10/16
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd (Hymns #221)
- When we teach others the gospel we are to do so with love.
- If we want to help someone make a right choice, it is important to remember to treat them with kindness and love.
- How do you feel when someone tells you to do something with a harsh voice?
- How can you be firm in what you know is right, but still show love?
Who is someone that I can show more love to?
Lord, Accept into Thy Kingdom (Hymns #236)
- What does being Holy mean?
- It means keeping our hearts and minds filled with good things.
- It means wanting to do the right thing always.
- How do we become Holy? We can’t by ourselves. We need Christ and the Holy Ghost to help us become Holy.
What can I do this week to be more holy?
Shield of faith to protect our minds and hearts
When He Comes Again (Children’s #82)
- Christ will come again.
- How will He come? Paul wrote some metaphors about what it will be like.
- When will He come? Who knows?
- We need to be prepared for it.
How can I prepare for the Second Coming?
Come, Come, Ye Saints (Hymns #30)
- The Second Coming will be a happy day for those who are righteous.
- It will not be happy for those who are wicked.
- What can you do today to prepare for the day that He comes again?
- How can you ‘watch’ for that day?
What is a sign of the Second Coming that I can look for?
Second Coming craft with cup (about halfway down the post)
The Spirit of God (Hymns #2)
- Paul taught that there would be an apostasy, or a ‘falling away’ from the truth.
- The prophets and apostles were killed along with many saints and the gospel was twisted and changed. Many truths were lost.
- We can tell for ourselves what truth is really true by asking God about it.
- The gospel was restored again in its fullness in preparation for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
How can I know which is the true church of Jesus Christ?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 10/16
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 10/16:
Invite the children to tell a family member or friend one reason they are grateful we have the gospel on the earth today (this week’s activity page can give them ideas).
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 10/16
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/16 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/16
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 10/16
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Color these Articles of Faith adult coloring pages and hang them around the house to help you remember and memorize.
- As a family, talk about a time when you prepared for a trip or event. What did you do to prepare? Get out a suitcase or bag, and pretend to pack it to get ready for a trip. With each item you pretend to pack, think of one way we can prepare for Jesus Christ to come again.
- Watch the video: New Testament Stories, “After the New Testament”
- Read “The Restoration Puzzle” (Dec. 2015 Liahona and Friend). A girl gives a Primary talk about the Restoration by using puzzle pieces to represent parts of the gospel that were lost and then restored. Put together a puzzle as a family.
- Watch the video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Introduction: Before the Doctrine and Covenants”
- Build the Book of Mormon keystone.
- Use cups to build Christ’s church. Then show the collapse of the Church with missing parts. How can it be built again? Were there missing pieces?
- “Jesus Christ Restored His Church in the Latter Days” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend). Create a gospel treasure box with gold coins representing truths that were restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith.
- Coloring Page: “Being kind is doing and saying nice things to others.” (July 2012 Friend)
- “Partial Pictures” (August 2010 Friend). Look up the scriptures to figure out which event from the Restoration each illustration is depicting.
- Watch Video: Feature Films, “The Restoration”
- “I’ll Walk with You” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend). An illustration of lyrics to a Primary song, along with a maze activity.
- Coloring Page: “To prepare for the Second Coming, I will follow Jesus Christ.” (December 2011 Friend)
- “Jesus Christ Will Come Again” (September 2001 Friend). A word puzzle about the Second Coming.
- “Sharing Time: What a Joyful Day” (December 2001 Friend). Includes an activity to color various pictures of activities that can prepare children for the Second Coming.
- “Kindness Catcher” (July 2012 Friend). Make a paper game that encourages kindness.
- “The Bullying Problem/The Kindness Challenge” (October 2015 Friend). Learn about bullying and take a quiz to see if you are kind, mean or in between.
- “Friendship Challenge” (September 2010 Friend). Each time you do an item from the list, color all the numbered spaces that match the heart next to the item.
Are these Come Follow Me 10/16 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!