If you find these Come Follow Me 3/18 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
And don’t miss out on our free 240 page Book of Mormon chapter-by-chapter study guide journal for kids and adults. It’s the perfect companion to this year’s Come Follow Me’s topics.
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 3/18 for Kids
When I Am Baptized (Children’s #103)
- We’re at the last few chapters of Nephi. This week we study his final words.
- Read the scripture together and make a poster of what you think the path looks like.
- Add milestones along the path that are required to continue.
- Where does the path lead?
- How do you start on it?
- What kinds of things are off the path?
Take some yarn and make a path with it along the floor. Have the children see if they can walk along it without stepping off.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 3/18 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 3/18: 2 Nephi 32:9
But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.
You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 3/18 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 3/18 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 3/18:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 3/18 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 3/18
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 for Come Follow Me 3/18
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Baptism (Childrens’s #101)
- What do you learn about Jesus’s baptism from these verses?
- Did you learn anything new?
- Jesus didn’t have any sins that needed to be washed away. So why was He baptized?
- Why does Jesus want us to be baptized like He was?
- What promises do we make when we are baptized? What does the Lord promise in return?
What can I do this week to get ready for baptism?
Press Forward, Saints (Hymns #81)
- What does it mean to ‘press forward?’
- What does endure to the end mean?
- Following the path is not just about starting, but about trying your best every day.
- Nephi explained Christ’s gospel in simple terms:
- Gift of the Holy Ghost
- Endure to the end
What can I do this week to press forward?
The Holy Ghost (Children’s #105)
- Once you have been baptized and have received the Holy Ghost how will you know what to do?
- The Holy Ghost will help you know what the right choices are.
- What is a feast? How can you feast on words? How is it different than just reading them?
When have I felt the Holy Ghost before? What does He feel like?
Did You Think to Pray? (Hymns #140)
- Why doesn’t Satan want us to pray?
- Why does God want us to pray always? Does this mean we have to pray ALL the time?
- What should we pray about?
- How does God bless us when we pray always?
How can I pray always today?
I Believe in Christ (Hymns #134)
- These are Nephi’s absolute last words. What did he write about?
- He wrote mostly about Jesus and his hopes for his posterity in our day.
- What are his reasons for writing the Book of Mormon?
- Which of Nephi’s stories and teachings has made the most impact on you?
- What is Nephi’s very last sentence? What does this tell you about Nephi?
- Watch “Nephi Records His Final Testimony”
How can I obey like Nephi?
Primary Children’s Activities for Come Follow Me 3/18
The Come, Follow Me – Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 manual suggests that you look at this month’s issue of the Friend magazine for more ideas.
There is also an activity page in this week’s section of the CFM manual.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 3/18
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 3/18 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you
If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament Meeting, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 3/18
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 3/18
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian (or do them in the workbook if you purchased it from Amazon).
- Read “Receive the Holy Ghost,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2010
- Watch “Daily Bread: Pattern”
- Memorize the 4th Article of Faith with this online game
- Doctrine of Christ coloring page
- Paint prayer rocks to remind yourselves to pray always
- Put the following words in random order on a board or cut out like a puzzle: Jesus witnessed unto the Father that He would be obedient unto Him. Read 2 Nephi 31:7 and put the words into the correct order.
- Make a prayer jar.
- Put on a Book of Mormon pageant
- Make a Book of Mormon puppet show (all of the issues with puppets can be found here for 2012)
Are these Come Follow Me 3/18 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!