If you find these Come Follow Me 11/27 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 11/27 for Kids
Love at Home (Hymns #318)
- Go into a dark room and talk about how when we hate others that we are in a dark room.
- When we love others it is like we are in the light.
- What do you all learn from this imagery?
- Is it easy to walk around? How do you feel when you are angry with someone?
Play blind man’s bluff.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 11/27 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 11/27: James 2:17–18
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 11/27 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 11/27 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 11/27:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 11/27 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 11/27
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 11/27
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
God Is Love (Hymns #313)
- God is compared to light and love in these verses.
- Why do you think John made that comparison?
- Where does love come from?
- What experiences have taught you that God is love?
What in my life shows me God’s love?
I’m Trying to Be like Jesus (Children’s #78)
- Do you believe that you can become like Christ?
- He has promised us that we can, through Christ’s power, become like Him.
- Learning about Christ teaches us how we can strive to become like Him.
- He will help us make up the difference when we fall short.
What is something Jesus did that I can do this week?
A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief (Hymns #29, verse 6 & 7)
- Has anyone seen God?
- We know from other scriptures that some very faithful people have seen God the Father. John himself is on this list.
- The clarification in this verse tells us that only the faithful can see God
What can I do to be more faithful?
Godhead color by number (you do not need to look up all of the verses – just use the colors after each verse is listed)
Keep the Commandments (Hymns #303)
- What do you think it means to overcome the world?
- Jesus overcame the world, by resisting all temptation and sacrificing Himself for us.
- How can each of us overcome the world? – We can abandon our worldly desires and focus our desires on God’s commandments.
What worldly desire can I give up this week?
- Confidence in a situation is when you feel good about who you are, what you’ve done and what you can do.
- What does it mean to have confidence in God?
- What does it mean to have confidence in our ability to receive answers to our prayers?
- How can you feel more confident with God?
What can I do to have more trust in God?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 11/27
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 11/27:
Encourage the children to make a plan to do something to share their light with their families.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 11/27
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 11/27 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 11/27
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 11/27
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Trust in God water magic trick
- Give each family member a bookmark containing “My Gospel Standards” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend). Go through the standards. Would a person with the strength and courage to live those standards be a hero? Resolve to be such a person.
- Coloring Page: “I Can Be a Good Example” (August 2018 Liahona and Friend)
- Read Jude 1:10–19. What do these verses teach you about those who fight against God and His work? What do you learn from verses 20–25 about how to keep your faith in Jesus Christ strong?
- Read 3 John 1:4. Write about or draw truths you have learned on paper footprints and using them to make a path your family can walk on together.
- Free printables for Trust in the Lord.
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ is the perfect example to me.” (April 2012 Friend)
- Read “Treehouse” (August 2003 Friend). Have there ever been times when people around you were being disobedient and it was hard for you to be a good example? Discuss how Jordan reacts and how you could follow his example in similar situations.
- Jesus is an example to me color page
- Go on an egg hunt to show that Christ is the perfect eggs-ample.
- Jesus’s sandals craft – walk in His ways and His footsteps to follow His example.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Real Heroes. Invite a family member to read “Hero” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend). Discuss what it means to be a real hero.“You Are Super!” (November 2016 Friend). Cut out these reminders and quotes of how you can be super in different ways.
- “Coloring Page: Following Jesus” (January 2015 Friend)
- Watch Video: One in a Million, “Anne Marie”. In the hospital, Anne Marie followed Jesus’s example by helping another sick child.
Are these Come Follow Me 11/27 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!