Come Follow Me 4/17/2023 – Devotionals & FHE for Children
If you find these Come Follow Me 4/17 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/17 for Kids
I’ll Walk with You (Children’s #140)
- Act out the parable of the good Samaritan.
- Talk about some people you know that may need help.
- Note that those people may not be your friends.
Put together Blessings Bags
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 4/17 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 4/17: Matthew 18:21–22
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/17 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 4/17 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/17:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 4/17 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 4/17
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 4/17
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Help Me, Dear Father (Children’s #99)
- I must forgive others if I am to receive forgiveness from the Lord.
- How many times should we forgive someone? Is it about counting?
- How do we feel after we have forgiven someone?
- If we forgive them does that mean what they did was OK?
Who can I forgive today?
The Seventh Article of Faith (Children’s #126b)
- Who are the Seventy?
- Jesus called men to help the apostles with their work of preaching the gospel and helping the members of the church.
- Jesus had called men like this today as well. We heard some of them in General Conference a few weeks ago.
What did I learn in General Conference?
Make a simplified version of this Church hierarchy
You Can Make the Pathway Bright (Hymns #228)
- To obtain eternal life, I must love God and love my neighbor as myself.
- What did we learn in FHE about who our neighbors are? Does that include family members?
- What are some ways we can show them love?
How can I love my neighbor today?
I Lived in Heaven (Children’s #4)
- Mary and Martha were both serving Jesus.
- Jesus reminded Martha to also pay attention to the things that would bring eternal life.
- Those things are the most important. What are some of those things?
- We choose “that good part” by making choices that lead to eternal life
How can I pay attention to the important things today?
Jesus Once Was a Little Child (Children’s #55)
- Why would Jesus want us to become like a little child?
- What things to children do or believe that makes them good examples of following Christ?
How can I be like a little child in following Christ?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/17
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/17:
Invite the children to share with their families what they plan to do to be more forgiving or more like the good Samaritan this week.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 4/17
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/17 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 4/17
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 4/17
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch “Parable of the Good Samaritan”
- The Good Samaritan maze
- Watch “A Good Samaritan”
- Watch “Forgive Every One Their Trespasses: The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant”
- Sing a song about kindness, such as “Jesus Said Love Everyone” or “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 61, 145).
- “I Can Follow Jesus Christ’s Example” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend). Includes a journaling activity about being kind to others.
- Free printable worksheets about Mary and Martha
- The Good Samaritan (Crossword) – Fit words from the story of the Good Samaritan into the puzzle
- All About Forgiveness – Read Jesus’ parable of the two debtors and cross out words not related to forgiveness.
- Good Samaritan Maze – Follow the paths to find out which man helps the man in trouble
- Neighbors – Read the story of the Good Samaritan and circle the qualities of a good neighbor
- Good Samaritan Maze – Help the Good Samaritan bring the man in need of help to the city
- Forgiveness Fill In – Read Jesus’ parable of the two debtors. Then use words from the word bank to fill in the parable
- Free printable worksheets about the Good Samaritan
Are these Come Follow Me 4/17 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!