If you find these Come Follow Me 5/29 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 5/29 for Kids
- In the last week of Jesus’s life, they had a special dinner.
- What does this dinner remind you of? (The sacrament.)
- How would it feel to have Jesus serve you the sacrament in remembrance of His own body?
- How can we make our sacrament meeting a special time like this dinner with Jesus?
- What you can do before, during, and after the sacrament.
Put together a church quiet bag.
Heart-shaped cookies or Rice Krispie Treats.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 5/29 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 5/29 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 5/29:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 5/29 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 5/29
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 5/29
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- What did this woman do? How did the apostles react?
- What was Jesus’s response?
- Why do you think her actions meant so much to Jesus?
- Jesus had his feet washed once before, by Mary, the sister of Martha and Lazarus. Both women were showing their love of the Savior.
How can I show love for Jesus like this woman?
- Jesus knew that one of the apostles was going to betray Him.
- Instead of accusing each other, the apostles asked each other, “Lord, is it I?”
- Why do you think they asked it?
- How can we ask the Lord the same thing about ourselves?
How do I betray the Lord with my actions?
- Why do you think Jesus chose this way for us to remember Him?
- Is there anything you could do to make your experience more sacred and meaningful?
- Read the quote by Elder David B. Haight from his talk The Sacrament from April 1983:
- The weekly opportunity of partaking of the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is one of the most sacred ordinances of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is further indication of His love for all of us. Associated with the partaking of the sacrament are principles that are fundamental to man’s advancement and exaltation in the kingdom of God and the shaping of one’s spiritual character. We should reflect in our own weekday conduct the spiritual renewal and commitments made on Sunday. We may fail to recognize the deep spiritual significance this ordinance offers to each of us personally. Is it possible that a casual attitude on our part of routine formality of this sacred occasion might deaden our opportunity for spiritual growth?
How can I focus on Jesus during the sacrament?
“Remembering Jesus Christ during the Sacrament” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- In Jesus’s time, washing another person’s feet was a task for servants, not leaders. So why did Jesus wash their feet instead of them washing His feet?
- When you are a leader, you should be serving, not bossing.
- How can this apply to our lives?
How can I serve others like Jesus?
Coloring Page – Jesus Washing the Disciples Feet
Love One Another (Hymns #308)
- Where should we have love? It starts in the home. Our home is a safe place for everyone because we love each other.
- Remember that loving God and our neighbor (that includes our family) are the two greatest commandments
- When we truly love others, the other commandments will be easy to follow. It is a sign we are true disciples of Jesus Christ.
How can I show love to my family members?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 5/29
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 5/29:
Invite the children to share with their families something they will do because of what they learned in class. For instance, they could share how they will remember Jesus Christ during the sacrament.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 5/29
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 5/29 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 5/29
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 5/29
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch this video: (Love One Another Mormon Messages)
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Gave Us the Sacrament” (June 2019 Liahona and Friend)
- Cut out a bunch of paper hearts and everyone can write or draw things that they love about each other on them. You can put them around the house to remind each other of the love that you all have. Or you can heart attack a neighbor’s door.
- Watch the video “Always Remember Him”
- Coloring Page: “The Sabbath Is a Special Day” (April 2016 Liahona)
- “I Will Remember Jesus Christ” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend). Create a booklet to write down things learned about Jesus Christ in the sacrament hymns.
- Jesus Washed the Disciples’ Feet Word Search
- Coloring Page: “When I take the sacrament I renew my baptismal covenants.” (May 2012 Friend)
- “The Sacrament” (February 1995 Friend). Cut out pictures that involve the sacrament, then glue them into the right box.
- Jesus Washed the Disciples’ Feet Match Game
- Which Disciples? – Color the stars and follow them through the maze to see which disciples had their feet washed by Jesus during the Last Supper.
- Passover Songs Maze – Collect letters in the maze to find Psalms the disciples sang at Passover
- Word Search – Enjoy finding words from the story of Jesus washing his disciples feet.
Are these Come Follow Me 5/29 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!