If you find these Come Follow Me 5/22 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 5/22 for Kids
We’ll Bring the World His Truth (Children’s #172)
- Discuss the parable of the wise virgins.
- What does each item represent? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Virgins = church members
- Bridegroom = Christ
- Oil = testimony, good works
- Wedding = Second Coming
Hide oil droplets made out of paper around the house on things that could help strength your testimony. (scriptures, hymns, church clothes, etc) Have the kids go find them.
Bowl of ice cream filled with drops of chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, etc.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 5/22 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 5/22:
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 5/22 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 5/22 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 5/22:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 5/22 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 5/22
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 5/22
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
When He Comes Again (Children’s #82)
- Do scary things happen sometimes? Do you worry about bad things?
- What did Jesus say about these things?
- Do we need to be worried about Jesus’s Second Coming?
How can I prepare for the Second Coming?
Create a 72 hour kit with each child to be physically prepared
Redeemer of Israel (Hymns #6)
- We always need to be doing our best to make right choices. We can’t procrastinate.
- Who knows when Jesus will come again?
- Are you excited?
How can I make right choices today?
Ascension craft (it works for the Second Coming, since we don’t believe in the traditional idea of the Ascension)
“Give,” Said the Little Stream (Children’s #236)
- In Jesus’s time a talent was a large amount of money.
- This parable tells us how we should use our talents.
- What are your talents? How can you use them to help other people?
Download the talents PDF file and choose one of the activities on the second-to-last page
Have I Done Any Good? (Hymns #223)
- When we serve others, who are we serving?
- What can you do to help others?
How can I serve comeone today?
Make a paper chain of the gifts and talk about how they can be used to help others
Search, Ponder, and Pray (Children’s #109)
- Satan will try to trick us into believing good things are bad and bad things are good.
- By studying the word of God (scriptures and what the prophets teach) we will not be deceived.
- Before Jesus comes again, the gospel will be preached in all the world. How can people know the missionaries are telling the truth?
Who can I share the gospel with today?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 5/22
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 5/22:
Ask the children to share with their families ways they can be better missionaries and talk with their families about people they can share the gospel with.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 5/22
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 5/22 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 5/22
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 5/22
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read or listen to Elder D. Todd Christofferson’s message “Preparing for the Lord’s Return” (Ensign or Liahona, May 2019, 81–84)
- Listen to or read Russell M. Nelson, “Embrace the Future with Faith,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2020, 73–76.
- Coloring Page: “To prepare for the Second Coming, I will follow Jesus Christ.” (December 2011 Friend)
- “I Will Remember Jesus Christ” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend). Activity comparing the Savior’s Second Coming to 10 women and their lamps.
- “Jesus Christ Will Come Again!” (December 2015 Liahona and Friend). A lesson about the Second Coming and a booklet with reminders of how to prepare for Christ’s return.
- Seek and Find The Ten Virgins
- “Jesus Christ Will Come Again” (September 2001 Friend). Use multiplication to solve a puzzle about what Jesus taught his disciples about His Second Coming.
- Parable of the Talents Maze
- Parable of Hidden Talents – Read Jesus’ parable of the talents. What are YOUR talents? Write down your talents and describe how you share them with others.
- 10 Bridesmaids – Read Jesus’ parable of the 10 bridesmaids and mark each statement as true or false.
- “Jesus Christ Will Come Again” (September 2001 Friend). A word puzzle about the Second Coming.
- “Sharing Time: I Believe That Jesus Will Come Again” (September 1995 Liahona and Friend). Includes an explanation of the parable of the ten virgins and a coloring activity about preparing for the Second Coming.
- “Sharing Time: What a Joyful Day” (December 2001 Friend). Includes an activity to color various pictures of activities that can prepare children for the Second Coming.
- The Parable of the Talents – Read the parable and place the green words from the story into the crossword puzzle
- Ten Virgins – Put words from the parable of the ten virgins into the puzzle
Are these Come Follow Me 5/22 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!