Come Follow Me 3/6/2023 – Devotionals & FHE for Children
If you find these Come Follow Me 3/6 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 3/6 for Kids
- Why do you think Jesus stopped to heal the woman instead of going to Jairus’ daughter?
- How would you feel if you were the woman? Jairus?
- Does it seem like Jesus delays when we ask Him to come help us?
- How does this story help us keep faith?
Any of these healing desserts
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 3/6 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 3/6: Matthew 10:39
He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 3/6 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 3/6 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 3/6:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 3/6 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 3/6
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 3/6
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Called to Serve (Children’s #174)
- Watch the video Jesus Calls Twelve Apostles to Preach and Bless Others
- What Power did Jesus give to his disciples? (Priesthood)
- Why is that power important to his work?
- How can we access that power?
How do I see the Priesthood in my life?
The Sixth Article of Faith (Children’s #126a)
- There are 12 apostles today, just like the ones Jesus called.
- Who are the current 12 apostles and First Presidency? (Look at the pictures and learn their names.)
- Why are they important?
What does it mean to me that there are apostles today?
Print out the pictures of the 12 apostles and the First Presidency. Cut out 15 squares of paper the same size as the pictures. On each square, write the name of an apostle. Then play Memory to match the names with their pictures.
I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go (Hymn #270)
- When we share the gospel with our friends, should we be scared?
- Heavenly Father Promises that if we open our mouths, He will fill them with the words we need to say.
How can I share the gospel now?
Nephi’s Courage (Children’s #120)
- Sometimes even our friends won’t respect our beliefs.
- What should we do if a person we want to be our friend asks us to make a bad choice?
- Is is more important to choose the wrong and have a friend or lose a friend and choose the wrong?
- Use the example of the Sabbath Day and a friend inviting you to a birthday party or fun event.
How can I respond kindly when a friend wants me to make a bad choice?
Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel (Hymns #252)
- What does it mean to look back after putting our hand to the plow?
- Why would this attitude make us not fit for the kingdom of God?
- In what ways do we “look back”? How can we look forward?
How can I look forward today?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 3/6
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 3/6:
Invite the children to use this week’s activity page to teach their families about Jesus healing Jairus’s daughter.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 3/6
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 3/6 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 3/6
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 3/6
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch Jesus Heals a Woman of Faith
- “Article of Faith 6” (June 2011 Friend). Fill in the blanks with the correct words from the sixth article of faith, then find the words in the word search
- Watch Jesus Raises the Daughter of Jairus
- Jairus’ Daughter quiz
- Apostle Search – Circle the names of Jesus’ apostles.
- “Sixth Article of Faith” (January 2001 Friend). Find the correct vowels to complete these words in the sixth article of faith.
- Jairus’s Daughter – Puzzle about Jesus healing Jairus daughter
- Coloring page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I know who He is.” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend). Jesus raises the daughter of Jairus from the dead.
- Word Scramble For Jesus Helped A Little Girl
- Read When Your Trials Have a Daily Reminder: Lessons From the Woman With an Issue of Blood
- Coloring page woman touches Jesus’ robe
- Are You a Disciple – Circle the words that describe how you would act if you were a disciple
- 12 Disciples egg carton craft
- The Disciples of Jesus – Read Mark 6:6-13 to complete this puzzle
Are these Come Follow Me 3/6 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!
It would be helpful to have the page numbers for the songs on the saving talents blog. I’ve enjoyed using it & have found it to be helpful.
Saw the ice cub activity for where your treasure is. Looks like fun.
For the devotionals and FHE for week of 3/11/2019; I liked the, Matthew 11:28–30 treat Deviled eggs (yoke/yolk…get it?) or peanut butter eggs. Pretty clever play on words. I’ll have to prepare ahead of time for this treat. : ) Angela
Thank you!! So the songs are all linked – if you click on the song, it takes you right to where the music and lyrics are for it. 🙂
Glad you like the activities, we’re excited to be doing them!