If you find these Come Follow Me 5/15 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 5/15 for Kids
I Feel My Savior’s Love (Children’s #74)
- How did Mary show here love for Jesus? Why was that a big deal?
- How do we show our love for Jesus? It is different than how we show our love for our family?
- You could also discuss the 5 love languages and how each of them can be used to show Jesus we love Him.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 5/15 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 5/15: Matthew 22:37-39
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 5/15 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 5/15 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 5/15:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 5/15 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 5/15
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 5/15
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Secret Prayer (Hymns #144)
- What we look like is not as important to the Lord as what is in our hearts.
- What does that mean? Then what should we focus on improving?
- He knows my name.
How does the Lord show me He knows who I am?
Zacchaeus in the tree craft (scroll to the bottom of the post)
Easter Hosanna (Children’s #68)
- Jesus Christ is my King – what is worship? What is reverence?
- Temple is a sacred place, it’s the King’s home.
- How do Jesus’s words and actions show how He felt about the temple?
- How do we show how we feel about the temple?
What can I cast out of my home to make it more like the temple?
Love One Another (Hymns #308)
- First great commandment is to love God; the second is to love they neighbor.
- Why are these the two most important commandments?
- Can you think of other commandments? How do they relate to these two?
How can I love my neighbor?
Our Primary Colors (Children’s #258)
- What are phylacteries? (Symbols used to help the people remember the Lord)
- What is a symbol now? (Temple, CTR ring)
- How can a symbol help us remember to make right choices?
- We need to be careful that the symbol is not what we worship.
What symbol can I use to help me make right choices?
Make a token that the child can use to help them remember to make right choices. This could be a CTR cape, a paper CTR ring, a CTR airplane, or letter beads with CTR on a necklace or bracelet (don’t buy this, it’s just an example).
Do What Is Right (Hymns #237)
- Discuss the Parable of the man with two sons. Which one did what his father asked?
- We need to do what Heavenly Father asks, not just talk about it.
- What would have been the best thing to do? Say you would do it and do it.
What things can I obey right away?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 5/15
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 5/15:
Help the children think of something they learned in class that they can share with their families at home.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 5/15
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 5/15 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 5/15
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 5/15
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Zacchaeus Word Scramble
- Watch this video (The Lord’s Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem)
- Zacchaeus Coded Words
- Seek and Find Jesus’s Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem
- Tracing sheet The Two Great Commandments
- Break the Code – Golden Rule – Use the grid to decode the Golden Rule
- Coloring Page – The Golden Rule
- Zacchaeus Word Line Up
- The Little Man in the Tree – Read the story of Zacchaeus and then find your way through the tree to the ground
- Zacchaeus Hidden Letters
- Yeshua Clears the Temple word search
- Luke 19:2-8 Zacchaeus – Connect the dots to find out who’s in the tree
- Zacchaeus “Z” Letter Search Maze
- Zacchaeus – Help Jesus find the right path to Zacchaeus’ house
- Decode the Day – Which day celebrates Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem
- Zacchaeus Crossword Puzzle
- Jesus clears the temple crafts
- Triumphal Entry crossword puzzle
- The Donkey Ride – Find your way through the palm branches to Jesus
- Zacchaeus Met Jesus Word Search
- Jesus Cleanses the Temple pop-up craft
- Triumphant Entry – Find the letters in the puzzle to find out what the Sunday before Jesus’ crucifixion is called
- Jesus Ate With Zacchaeus Bible Craft
- Zacchaeus Match Game
Are these Come Follow Me 5/15 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!