If you find these Come Follow Me 12/16 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 12/16 for Kids
An Angel from on High (Hymns #13)
- This is the very last chapter in the Book of Mormon. We’ve studied almost 1,000 years of Nephite and Lamanite history this year!
- Watch the video Moroni inviting us to come to Christ
- Moroni walked a long way so that we could have the Book of Mormon and hear its message.
- What does that make you feel about it?
- What you you like to say to Moroni when you meet him in the next life?
Make a box out of toy bricks or blocks and pretend you are Moroni burying the plates.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 12/16 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 12/16: Moroni 10:4–5
When ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 12/16 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 12/16 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 12/16:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 12/16 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 12/16
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 for Come Follow Me 12/16
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
I Know My Father Lives (Children’s #5)
- The word “exhort” means to urge strongly, to give warnings or advice.
- Moroni has lots of things he wants to exhort us to do in this chapter. This week, we will make a list of those exhortations.
- Why should we listen to his exhortations?
What does Moroni exhort us to do? (add to this list every week)
Play Simon Says.
Search, Ponder, and Pray (Children’s #109)
- The Book of Mormon and all of its stories are either true or a lie.
- How can we know if the Book of Mormon is true? What does Moroni tell us?
- What should we read, remember, ponder, and ask to gain or strengthen our testimonies of the Book of Mormon?
How can I strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon today?
“Book of Mormon Boggler” (January 2008 Friend)
A Special Gift Is Kindness (Children’s #145a)
- We all have spiritual gifts. Moroni lists a lot of them here. What are they?
- What are some other gifts that we might have that aren’t on this list?
- Let’s think about some of our gifts that we have. What should we do with them?
- How do some people deny their gifts?
- How can we bless others with the gifts that we have?
What are some of my spiritual gifts?
Take this spiritual gifts assessment for fun.
An Angel Came to Joseph Smith (Childrens #86a)
- Moroni says that he will see us at the “judgment bar of God.” What does this mean?
- What do you think these verses mean?
- What will you want to say to Moroni on Judgment Day?
How can I prepare today for Judgment Day?
The Golden Plates: From Moroni to Joseph coloring page
Listen, Listen (Children’s #107)
- What does Moroni tell us in these verses about what we need to do?
- What does it mean to come unto Christ?
- Do we have to be perfect now? No, it’s about Christ’s grace. What does that mean? (The Atonement)
- What are we told to do so His grace is sufficient for us?
- What can we do to show that we love Him?
- How can we deny ourselves of all ungodliness?
How can I come to Christ today?
Primary Children’s Activities for Come Follow Me 12/16
The Come, Follow Me – Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 manual suggests that you look at this month’s issue of the Friend magazine for more ideas.
There is also an activity page in this week’s section of the CFM manual.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 12/16
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 12/16 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you
If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament Meeting, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 12/16
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 12/16
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian (or do them in the workbook if you purchased it from Amazon).
- Read Mathias Held, “Seeking Knowledge by the Spirit,” Ensign, May 2019, 31–33
- Write the numbers 9 through 16 on separate pieces of paper and wrap each paper like a gift. Your children could take turns unwrapping the gifts, reading verses from Moroni 10:9–16 that correspond with the numbers, and identifying each spiritual gift.
- Read Henry B. Eyring, “The Faith to Ask and then to Act,” Liahona, Nov. 2021, 74–76
- Make this “The Plan of Happiness” booklet
- Read David F. Evans, “The Truth of All Things,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2017, 68–70
- Make and decorate heart-shaped badges that say “I love God with all my might, mind, and strength” (see Moroni 10:32). As you do, discuss how we show God that we love Him.
- Get copies of the Book of Mormon and highlight Moroni 10:3-5 and put a bookmark in it. Write your own testimonies and share these with others. If you don’t know who to share them with, pray as a family to find people you can share them with.
- Why do I Need a Testimony? coloring page
- Watch the video 54. The Promise of the Book of Mormon
- Look at the picture Gospel Art Picture: “Moroni Hides the Plates in the Hill Cumorah”. How do you think Moroni felt about burying the plates? They stayed in the ground for over 1,000 years! (400 AD to 1800 AD). Sing together “The Golden Plates” (Children’s Songbook, 86).
- Play the Find My Bicycle activity game (scroll to the bottom). You may also want to do some of the other activities in that post.
- “The Truth of All Things” coloring page
- I Have a Testimony of Jesus Christ- Build a stone wall of testimony
- Make a Book of Mormon journal (click on the image halfway down the page)
- Watch Elder Holland’s testimony of the Book of Mormon
Are these Come Follow Me 12/16 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!