If you find these Come Follow Me 9/25 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 9/25 for Kids
Called to Serve (Children’s #174)
- Have you ever planted a garden? Do you ever get the fruit or vegetable that you didn’t plant?
- If you make bad choices are you going to have good consequences?
- What does it take for a plant to grow?
- We don’t always get what we want even when we make right choices, but in the long term, Heavenly Father always blesses us for choosing the right.
Design a garden and draw what you would plant. What kinds of things do you need to do in order to grow a garden?
Choose a garden cake or cupcake to enjoy.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 9/25 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 9/25 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 9/25:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 9/25 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 9/25
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 9/25
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Know This, That Every Soul Is Free (Hymn #240)
- The gospel of Christ sets us free.
- Christ taught true principles and it is up to us to apply them to our lives.
- We always have our choices (this is called agency), but when we choose the right, more choices open up.
- When we are disobedient, often our choices become restricted and we lose freedom.
- How does the gospel make you feel free?
How can I choose the right?
I Know My Father Lives (Hymns #302)
- Abraham was promised by God that his children and posterity (seed) would be blessed.
- Originally this was just the Israelite nation. However it now includes all who follow Christ.
- What does it mean to “put on Christ”? How is this similar to take His name upon us?
How can I prepare to take Christ’s name?
God Keeps His Promises coloring page (just the first page)
Follow the Prophet (Children’s #110)
- Christ wasn’t the first to teach His gospel on the earth. Several of the prophets before His time also knew the gospel and taught it.
- The Jews did not have the full gospel because they were not not ready for it.
- God does teach this gospel to those children who are ready for it and will receive it.
- The Prophet Joseph Smith explained: “We cannot believe that the ancients in all ages were so ignorant of the system of heaven as many suppose, since all that were ever saved, were saved through the power of this great plan of redemption, as much so before the coming of Christ as since. … Abraham offered sacrifice, and notwithstanding this, had the Gospel preached to him”
Why is it important to me to know that Abraham knew of Christ’s gospel?
The Spirit of God (Hymns #2)
- If I “walk in the Spirit,” I will receive the “fruit of the Spirit.”
- Pick a couple of the terms and define them.
- Which do you like to feel the most?
How can I see the fruits of the Spirit today?
Let the Holy Spirit Guide (Hymns #143)
- The feelings described in this scripture are what we experience when we live the gospel
- When have you felt these?
- What other feelings have you felt when you follow Christ’s teachings?
How do I feel the Spirit?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 9/25
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 9/25:
Help the children look for ways the truths they learned today apply to their daily lives. For example, you could invite them to watch for the good consequences, or “fruit,” that come because of good decisions they make.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 9/25
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 9/25 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 9/25
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 9/25
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Make a simple treat together (brownies, cake, cookies, etc.). Try to do the steps out of order or incorrectly (like putting it in the oven before turning it on, or adding salt instead of sugar). Point out how obedience is the only way to make it taste delicious.
- “Agency Is the Gift to Choose for Ourselves” (Jan. 2012 Liahona and Friend). A message and printable game about choosing the right.
- Fruit of the Spirit Match Game
- Fruits of the Spirit Bingo
- TONS of coloring pages for EACH of the fruits of the spirit
- Fruits of the Spirit painted rocks
- “The Gifts and Fruits of the Spirit” (December 2006 Friend). A word search about the gifts and fruits of the Spirit.
- Fruits of the Spirit bouquet
- 3D fruit of the spirit (scroll about 2/3 of the way down to the YouTube video)
- Fruits of the Spirit pear word strips
- Handprint tree fruits of the Spirit
- “Like Adam and Eve” (Feb. 2009 Liahona and Friend). Fold pages together and read how Adam and Eve worked together. Then unfold pages to find out how we can follow their example.
- Fruits of the Spirit folding craft sticks (day 5)
- Bouquet hat fruits of the spirit
- Making Good Choices Object Lesson & Family Discussion Outline.
Are these Come Follow Me 9/25 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!