If you find these Come Follow Me 2/13 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/13 for Kids
I Am like a Star (Children’s #163)
- Read Matthew 5:14–16.
- What does it mean to be a light in the world?
- What can you do to let your light shine?
- Where does the light come from?
- What do you do that hides your light?
- Look outside and talk about all of the sources of light. What would happen if all the lights turned off?
- What about if 1 light turned on?
- Even if everyone is not choosing the right, what impact does us choosing the right have?
Make shadow puppets. Guess what each other’s are.
Cupcakes with birthday candles.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/13 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 2/13:
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/13 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 2/13 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/13:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 2/13 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 2/13
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 2/13
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
When We’re Helping (Children’s #198b)
- These are called the “beatitudes” which means “to be happy”
- What does “blessed” mean? Does it mean you will get lots of blessings? No.
- It means you will be happy.
- What kinds of things make you happy?
- What things make you happy for a little bit? Are those good things to try to get?
Which Beatitude can I work on today? How can I improve on it?
I’ll Walk with You (Children’s #140)
- Why do we cook with salt?
- It helps bring out the natural flavors.
- Salt can purify and help things last longer.
- Why did Jesus say we are the salt of the earth?
- What would happen if a little bit of pepper got mixed in with the salt and we made cookies with it?
- Why should we keep ourselves clean?
How can I be like the salt of the earth?
Taste test different salted/unsalted foods (pretzels, popcorn, peanuts, and other snacks).
Hum Your Favorite Hymn (Children’s #152)
- Adultery is when a husband or a wife kisses (depending on age) someone who is not their spouse.
- Jesus taught that it wasn’t just doing it, but also THINKING about doing it that was a sin.
- We should make right choices.
- We should also think about good things. Thinking about bad things is also sin.
- What can you do if a bad thought comes into your mind?
When bad thoughts come to my mind, what can I do to get rid of them?
Memorize a simple hymn, scripture, or Article of Faith together.
Love One Another (Children’s #136)
- It is easy to be nice to people that are nice to us.
- What about the people that are not nice to us? How do we treat them?
- What did Jesus say about this?
- There are different levels of righteousness. We should always try to be even better.
How can I show love to someone that isn’t nice to me?
I’m Trying to Be like Jesus (Children’s #78)
- What does perfect mean? Complete.
- Can we be perfect in this life? No.
- Do you ever feel frustrated that you can do everything right or when you make a mistake.
- But we can continue in patience. D&C 67:13
- Perfection comes after we are resurrected if we have followed the commandments.
What can I work on today to be more like Jesus?
Practice drawing perfect circles.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/13
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 2/13:
Challenge the children to watch for someone being a peacemaker this week. At the beginning of next week’s class, invite them to talk about who and what they saw.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 2/13
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 2/13 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/13
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 2/13
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch “Sermon on the Mount: The Beatitudes”
- The Beatitudes Jigsaw Puzzle
- Watch “Sermon on the Mount: The Higher Law”
- Beatitudes coloring pages
- TONS of fun free games and printable worksheets about the Beatitudes
- “Beatitudes” (April 1991 Friend). A word search activity about the Beatitudes
- “The Beatitudes” (March 1986 Friend). A simple matching game about the Beatitudes.
- “Body Blessings” (March 1991 Friend). A word puzzle about one of the beatitudes.
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ Sermon on the Mount” (October 2007 Friend)
- “Sharing Time: If I Choose to Obey, I’ll Be Happy All Day!” (April 2004 Liahona and Friend). Includes instructions for a Beatitude Book.
Are these Come Follow Me 2/13 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!