If you find these Come Follow Me 2/6 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/6 for Kids
Give Said the Little Stream (Children’s #236)
- Ask the child(ren) if they’ve ever been really thirsty. How does that first drink of water feel?
- Watch the video of Jesus teaching a Samaritan woman
- Jesus is the living water
- What are the ways that Jesus is like water?
- Read John 4:6–23. Ask again what are the ways that Jesus is like water?
You could also fill a watering pail with water and water plants/flowers while talking about how water is needed to make things grow.
Root beer floats (to help quench thirst)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/6 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 2/6:
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/6 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 2/6 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/6:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 2/6 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 2/6
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 2/6
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
I Pray in Faith (Children’s #14)
- If Jesus can change water into wine, can he change us?
- In what ways do you want to be better?
- Do you believe Jesus can help you?
- What do you need to do to get his help?
What can I ask Jesus to help me change today?
Fill a glass with water. Put a little colored fruit drink into it (or use food coloring). Jesus actually made water turn into wine (grape juice).
When I Am Baptized (Children’s #100)
- Can we be born again?
- How is getting baptized like being born?
- Do you like starting something new? Why or why not?
How can I start over today?
He Sent His Son (Children’s #34)
- Does Heavenly Father love you? How do you know?
- What makes you think about Heavenly Father’s love?
- You can feel his love during the sacrament. What can you do during the sacrament to think about his love?
- The tree of life represents the love of God? What does that mean the fruit is?
How have I seen God’s love for me?
God’s love rainbow mobile.
Suggestions for adaptations: write John 3:16-17 on the cloud instead. Instead of writing people’s names on the hearts, write different things that are evidence of God’s love for us.
I Am a Child of God (Children’s #1 or Hymns #301)
- The Holy Ghost is a member of the Godhead. He is a spirit that can visit us and teach us.
- Heavenly Father has a body of flesh and bones similar to us, (but perfected.)
- Sometimes the scriptures can be confusing. You should always pray about what you learn and ask questions.
How do I feel the Holy Ghost?
You Are Eternal Sunday box puppet (or a simpler version would be to put a glove over a hand)
All Creatures of Our God and King (Hymns #62)
- How we worship is more important than where we worship. What does that mean? What does worship mean?
- We should worship God at all times and in all ways. We should want to listen and follow him, not just because we are told to.
- Why do you obey? Is if because you want to be good or just don’t want to get in trouble?
How can I be reverent at Church to worship God?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/6
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me /:
Consider asking the children to give their family members a drink of water when they get home. As they do, they could share what they learned about living water.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 2/6
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 2/6 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/6
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 2/6
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch Jesus Turns Water into Wine
- John 3:16 Bookmarks
- Watch Jesus Teaches a Samaritan Woman
- Listen to a video of the song I Stand All Amazed and discuss why the words of the song cause you to feel amazed by God’s love for you.
- “Sharing Time: I Am a Child of God” (February 2005 Liahona and Friend). Make a crown frame to remind you that you are a child of God.
- Watch Jesus Teaches of Being Born Again
- Jesus and Nicodemus Coloring Page
- “Reverence Crown” (September 1996 Friend). Instructions for a printable crown that children can color and decorate.
- Coloring page: “I Can Be Reverent” (June 2016 Liahona and Friend)
- Watch Jesus Cleanses the Temple
- Word Tiles for Jesus and Nicodemus
- John 3:16 Word Tiles
- Coloring page: “Jesus Loves Me” (May 2018 Friend)
- “I Can Be Reverent” (August 2008 Liahona and Friend). Make a reverence rhyme into a booklet.
- Coloring page: “I can show reverence for sacred places and things.” (November 2011 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I Can Be Reverent” (August 2017 Liahona and Friend)
- “Reverence” (November 2016 Friend). Make an origami CTR shield to remind you to be reverent. Also includes ideas for listening and learning during sacrament meeting.
- Sharing Time: “I Am a Child of God” (January 1989 Friend). Use scriptures to fill in this color-by-number sheet.
- “You Are Special” (November 2008 Friend). A wordsearch puzzle.
- Coloring page: “I am a spirit child of Heavenly Father”(January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Are these Come Follow Me 2/6 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!