If you find these Come Follow Me 3/4 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
And don’t miss out on our free 240 page Book of Mormon chapter-by-chapter study guide journal for kids and adults. It’s the perfect companion to this year’s Come Follow Me’s topics.
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 3/4 for Kids
Search, Ponder, and Pray (Children’s #109)
- Gice the children a message written in a secret code. Tell them it has the instructions to find today’s treat.
- Isaiah was an ancient Isrealite prophet that taught many important things, but is difficult for most people that don’t know a lot about his time and culture to understand.
- Reading Isaiah can feel like you’re reading a secret code.
- Nephi knew this and taught in plainness to help people understand.
- We can also recieve guidance from the Holy Ghost as we read scriptures to help us understand and apply them.
- Have you ever felt confused when you read a scripture? What did you do about it?
Fruit roll-ups (like Isaiah’s scrolls)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 3/4 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 3/4: 2 Nephi 25:26
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 3/4 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 3/4 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 3/4:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 3/4 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 3/4
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 for Come Follow Me 3/4
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
He Sent His Son (Children’s #34)
- Find a tree that has been cut down or a branch growing from a tree (or use this picture).
- If the “branch” in 2 Nephi 21:1 represents Jesus Christ, what do verses 2–5 teach us about Him?
How can I follow Jesus’s example today?
Home Can Be a Heaven on Earth (Hymns #298)
- Lehi’s children had a problem with contention. Why?
- What does do these verses teach about what can happen when everyone follows the Savior?
- How can we make our home more like this?
Draw a picture of yourselves and the animals living peacefully with Jesus.
Israel, Israel, God Is Calling (Hymns #7)
- God’s people were scattered a long time ago. Nephi and his family were witnesses to the scattering of Israel.
- In the last days (right now) they will be gathered together.
- The Restoration of the Gospel and establishment of Christ’s church on the earth again started a significant part of that work.
- How do you feel inspired to help gather God’s people?
- What are some of the “excellent things” the Lord has done you can tell others about?
What can I do this week to share the gospel?
The Tenth Article of Faith (Children’s #128b)
- Babylon was a wicked kingdom in ancient times. It is used as a symbol for the world in the last days.
- What do we learn about what it will be like right before Jesus comes?
- What do we learn about Satan (Lucifer) in these verses?
- What does the Lord promise in verse 22 about mercy?
- How can we be His people?
What can I do to avoid the wickedness of the world?
The Lord Is My Light (Hymns #89)
- One of the main reasons Nephi spent so much time and effort writing the things he did was so he could help his posterity believe in Christ.
- That is one of the most important things you can ever do to help your family.
- How can you help others in your family believe in Christ? (Including you)
- How does Nephi’s testimony strength yours?
What is my favorite thing about Jesus?
Primary Children’s Activities for Come Follow Me 3/4
The Come, Follow Me – Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 manual suggests that you look at this month’s issue of the Friend magazine for more ideas.
There is also an activity page in this week’s section of the CFM manual.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 3/4
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 3/4 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you
If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament Meeting, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 3/4:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 3/4
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian (or do them in the workbook if you purchased it from Amazon).
- Read Dale G. Renlund, “The Peace of Christ Abolishes Enmity,” Liahona, Nov. 2021
- Draw your own flags as ensigns to the nations to help gather people to Christ. Include pictures or words that represent reasons we come to Jesus Christ and His Church.
- Isaiah’s scrolls coloring page.
- Read 2 Nephi 21:9. Make a list of things we can do to help fill the earth with “the knowledge of the Lord”?
- Read 2 Nephi 25:23–26. Write on slips of paper things about the Savior that bring your family joy. Then, during future family home evenings or family scripture study, someone could read a slip. Family members could add slips throughout the year.
- Make a Life of Jesus lapbook to use during sacrament meetings to remember the Savior
- Jesus is the Light of the World-Cut and Paste
- Pretend being the lion and the lamb from 2 Nephi 21:6–7. Act out other possible scenarios where animals and people may become friends.
- Isaiah prophesied of Jesus’s birth coloring page.
- Read or sing all of the verses in Home Can Be a Heaven on Earth (Hymns #298). Make a list of the things it says to do to make your home a heaven on earth, and set goals on how you can accomplish them.
Are these Come Follow Me 3/4 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!