If you find these Come Follow Me 5/23 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 5/23 for Kids
- When the Isrealites crossed the Jordan river miraculously, the Lord told them to gather 12 stones from the river and take them with them so that they and their children would remember.
- What miracles do you want to remember?
- Go outside and have each person get a stone.
- You can then write on them or decorate them to help you remember something special. (baptism, testimony, talk, answer to prayer, etc)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 5/23 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 5/23: Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 5/23 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 523/ devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 5/23:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 5/23 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 5/23
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 5/23
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- The Israelites reached the Promised Land, and Moses was translated. Joshua was called to be the next prophet and to take them into the Promised Land.
- Imagine what it might have been like for Joshua to be called to replace Moses.
- What did the Lord tell Joshua to give him comfort and encouragement?
- How can we apply these words to ourselves?
How can I have courage?
- Rahab was the ancestor of both King David and Jesus Christ.
- Early Christians saw Rahab as an example of the power of both faith and works.
- How did Rahab have faith? What works did she do to show her faith?
- How did her works and faith save her and her family?
- What roles do our faith and works play in our lives and the lives of others?
How can I show my faith today by my works?
- How is the Lord mighty? How can I see His might in my life?
- Why did they need to purify themselves before crossing the Jordan River?
- Why didn’t the water part until their feet were in it? How does this apply to me and walking by faith into the darkness?
What wonders can I look for today?
- These chapters deal with battles over the lands of Jericho and Ai.
- How can these be similar to the battle we fight against sin and temptation?
- What do we learn about the power of God and how to access it?
- Is there an “accursed thing” in my life that I need to remove?
How can I access God’s power today?
- After dividing the promised land among the twelve tribes of Israel (see Joshua 13–21), Joshua gave them his final teachings.
- What warnings, counsel, and blessings does Joshua give the people?
- How can I apply them to my life today?
- Considering everything the Israelites had been through, why do you think Joshua chose to tell them these things at the end of his life?
- What do you find that inspires you to “cleave unto the Lord”?
Which of Joshua’s teachings can I work on today?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 5/23
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 5/23:
Invite the children to choose something you talked about that they would like to share with their family. Encourage them to think of a way they can share it this coming week.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 5/23
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 5/23 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 5/23:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 5/23
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch or read Chapter 23: Joshua
- Read or watch Ann M. Dibb, “Be of a Good Courage,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2010, 114–16
- Watch or read Gérald Caussé, “Is It Still Wonderful to You?” Ensign or Liahona, May 2015, 98–100;
- Watch “Exercise Faith in Christ”
- Coloring Page – Joshua and Wall of Jericho
- Find the Difference, Rahab – Compare two pictures of Rahab hiding the spies
- Coloring Page – The Fall of Jericho
- Marching Around Jericho (Maze) – Help the Israelites find their way around Jericho and get to the front gates.
- Coloring Page – Rahab Hiding the Spies
- Lots of free printables about Joshua
- Joshua word search
- Rahab and the spies worksheet
- Joshua quiz
- God Stopped the Jordan River Word Search
- Word Scramble for Joshua Explored the Promised Land
- The Fall of Jericho Hidden Pictures Activity
- The Battle of Jericho Jigsaw Puzzle
- God Stopped the Jordan River Word Tiles
- More free printables about Joshua
Are these Come Follow Me 5/23 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!