Come Follow Me 7/10/2023 – Devotionals & FHE for Children
If you find these Come Follow Me 7/10 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 7/10 for Kids
Choose the Right Way (Children’s #160)
- This is about a man named Saul. He was trying to stop all of the followers of Jesus.
- What does “kick against the pricks” mean?
- A prick was a sharp stick used to poke an animal, when the animal pushed or fought back the prick would get more stuck and cause more pain.
- Do sometimes we fight against doing the right thing? How does it make us feel?
- When we notice that we are making a wrong choice (or our parent/teacher points it out to us) what should we do?
Play the animal game (but don’t poke each other) and guess what animals everyone acts out.
Any of these cute animal treats
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 7/10 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 7/10: Acts 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 7/10 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 7/10 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 7/10:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 7/10 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 7/10
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 7/10
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
I Believe in Christ (Hymns #134)
- What does it mean for your heart to be “right in the sight of God?”
- Often, our heart refers to our desires (what we want.)
- Do we want to make right choices? We all make lots of mistakes, but are we wanting and trying to do better? That is when we know our heart is right in the sight of God even when we are imperfect.
How can I make my heart right?
Let the Holy Spirit Guide (Hymn #143)
- Stephen was one of the new apostles that was called to replace Judas.
- He was teaching the Pharisees and other people.
- Stephen said that they resisted the Holy Ghost.
- What does it mean to resist the Holy Ghost? What are the consequences for doing so?
How can I listen to the Holy Ghost?
Coloring page Inviting the Spirit
Onward, Christian Soldiers (Hymns #246)
- Stephen was a martyr. This means that he was killed because of his beliefs.
- Many followers of Christ have lost their lives because of what they believed.
- You may not be in danger of being killed because of your beliefs, (depending on where you live) but how do the examples of these early Christian saints help you be brave in what you believe?
How can I be brave like Stephen?
We’ll Bring the World His Truth (Children’s #172)
- What part in this story did the Holy Ghost play?
- Could Philip have converted this man all by himself without the Holy Ghost?
- If you want to teach the gospel, you must have the Holy Ghost with you.
- What other ways can the spirit help you be a better missionary?
How can I be a good missionary now?
Called to Serve (Hymns #249)
- Saul was converted in a miraculous way to Christ.
- He hurt followers of Christ and tried to keep them from their beliefs.
- Once he came to understand and believe in Christ, what did he do?
- Did he wait around? No, he went straight away (immediately.)
- We believe in Christ as well. What should we be doing?
- Should we ever be slow to obey?
How can I be quick to obey?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 7/10
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 7/10:
Encourage the children to tell their family about their favorite activity from class today and what it taught them.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 7/10
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 7/10 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 7/10
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 7/10
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch this video (The Martyrdom of Stephen)
- Create the Picture (Saul is Blind) – Draw the picture for the news story of Jesus speaking to Saul
- Paul’s Conversion Jigsaw Puzzle
- Watch the video “Chapter 60: Peter Brings Tabitha Back to Life”
- Word Search for Paul Learned About Jesus
- Watch the video The Road to Damascus – Saul Takes his Journey
- Paul’s Conversion coloring page
- Word search Paul | Road to Damascus
- Conversion: Paul and Saul. A Primary activity depicting the conversion story of Paul.
- Saul’s Conversion flannel board pictures.
- Paul Learned About Jesus Bible Craft
- Stephen Was Brave Coloring Page
- Crossword puzzle Road to Damascus
- Paul’s Conversion Connect the Dots
- Fact about Paul coloring worksheet
- Saul’s conversion and blindness craft
- The stoning of Stephen cotton ball craft
Are these Come Follow Me 7/10 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!