Come Follow Me 7/17/2023 – Devotionals & FHE for Children
If you find these Come Follow Me 7/17 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 7/17 for Kids
We Ever Pray for Thee (Hymns #23)
- Peter was cast into prison. What did all of the church members do?
- How is this similar to how Tabitha was described in the story in Acts 9:32–43?
- Do you believe that our prayers can help other people?
- Discuss and decide on someone that you can pray for as a family and do that throughout the week.
Peter is Imprisoned review game or make a Peter in Prison jail cell
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 7/17 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 7/17: Acts 10:35
But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 7/17 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 7/17 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 7/17:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 7/17 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 7/17
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 7/17
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
We’ll Bring the World His Truth (Children’s #172)
- Before this experience, the Jews believed that they were the only people that were accepted of God?
- This vision helped Peter understand that the gospel is for everyone.
- It is our responsibility to share it with everyone.
How can I share the gospel with someone today?
Teach Me to Walk in the Light (Children’s #177)
- Sometimes when we learn something we don’t understand it at first. We may not even believe it is true.
- We learn little by little, sometimes it takes some time before we understand and that is OK.
- Is there anything about the gospel you have questions about?
What can I do when I have a question about the gospel?
Try different types of milk, applesauce, and meat. Ask which ones would be best for a baby and when. Explain that we are supposed to have milk before we have meat, and that includes spiritually.
The Church of Jesus Christ (Children’s #77)
- What does it mean to be a Christian? It means that you believe in and follow Jesus Christ.
- Are we Christians?
- What do you do if someone says that you are not a Christian?
What does Christ mean to me?
Follow the Prophet (Children’s #110)
- What is one way that God reveals His truth to us? – Prophets and apostles.
- Peter, Paul, John, and others were inspired to guide the people after Christ was resurrected, like saying the gospel could be shared with everyone, not just Jews.
- What are somethings that the prophets have told us to do that have helped our family?
How can I follow the prophet today?
The Iron Rod (Hymns #274)
- Why is the Word of God so important?
- Where can we find it? (Scriptures, prophets, etc.)
- We can get continual direction from God by listening to the prophets and receiving personal revelation.
How can I listen to the Word of God today?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 7/17
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 7/17:
Invite the children to make something that reminds them of what they learned today, such as a reminder to pray.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 7/17
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 7/17 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 7/17
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 7/17
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch “Peter’s Revelation to Take the Gospel to the Gentiles”
- Coloring Page – Peter’s Release from Prison
- Read the post Are Mormons Christians? The REAL Answer to get ideas on how to respond to people who insist that we are not really Christians because we don’t believe in the Holy Trinity.
- Watch “The Jerusalem Conference”
- Peter and Cornelius Crossword Puzzle
- “Missionary Basketball” (February 2020 Friend). Play this game to practice sharing the gospel.
- Peter in Prison – Find the answers to this crossword puzzle in Acts 12:1-19
- Power of Prayer – Circle every other letter to find out what Peter thought after escaping from prison
- People In The Church Loved One Another Bible Craft
- Peter Was Rescued From Jail Bible Craft
- “Matching Missionaries” (July 2008 Friend). Find the matching set of missionaries then think of five ways you can be a missionary by example.
- “Peter Teaches Cornelius” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona). An overview of the New Testament story and activities to go along.
- Peter and Cornelius Word Search Activity
- Create the Picture (Angel Frees Prisoner) – Draw the picture for the news story
- “Sharing the Book of Mormon around the World”(April 2013 Friend). Use the clues to match the illustrated people with their native countries.
- Mounting the Rescue – Help the angel find Peter in the maze
- Spread the Word! – Order sentences from the story of Philip helping the man learn about Jesus and God.
- Peter’s Rescue Maze
Are these Come Follow Me 7/17 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!