If you find these Come Follow Me 7/31 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 7/31 for Kids
We Are All Enlisted (Hymns #250)
- How did God protect His missionary?
- Jesus promised to take care of His servants.
- How does He take care of us, even if we aren’t missionaries?
Draw pictures and color the stories in this chapter or use this coloring page
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 7/31 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 7/31: Acts 22:15
For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 7/31 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 7/31 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 7/31:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 7/31 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 7/31
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 7/31
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Testimony (Hymns #137)
- Jesus commanded Paul to go and preach.
- Paul did so with boldness.
- When is the last time you shared your testimony with your friends or family?
Who can I share my testimony with today?
When I Am Baptized (Children’s #103)
- Read Paul’s conversion experience.
- Do you expect to have the same kind of experience?
- How do you think you will be converted to following Christ?
- Are you already on your way?
How can I be converted today?
Choose the Right Way (Children’s #160)
- Sometimes bad things happen to people who are good.
- That is normal and part of the plan.
- Christ will always support us in those times though and help us feel good about our right choices.
How has Christ supported me in my trials?
Use some of these Mormonads and discuss trials.
We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet (Hymns #19)
- Some people are excited to hear about the gospel. Some are not.
- How did Felix react to Paul wanting to teach him? How did King Agrippa?
- Have you ever felt nervous about making good choices?
How can I have courage to make good choices?
Missionary appointment activity – point out only one door was interested.
Repentance (Children’s #98)
- Paul made a lot of bad choices before he was converted.
- How do you feel about mistakes that you have made? Do you still feel sad even though you have repented?
- If you have tried to change, the Holy Ghost can help you forget the guilt of your past mistakes.
How can I show I have repented?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 7/31
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 7/31:
Ask the children to use what they learned about Paul to encourage their families to study the prophet’s most recent messages and discuss how they can follow his counsel.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 7/31
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 7/31 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 7/31
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 7/31
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch or read “Chapter 63: Paul Finishes His Mission,”
- Paul’s Shipwreck Word Scramble
- DIY shipwreck in a bottle
- Read “A Miraculous Escape from Danger” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend). What dangers and challenges exist in the world you face? Role play situations where miracles can save you, like Paul from the snake bite.
- Paul’s Shipwreck Word Search
- Paul’s Shipwreck Bible Coloring Page
- “I Will Prepare” (March 2011 Friend). As a reminder to prepare to serve a mission, print this certificate, sign it, and keep it on your wall or in your journal.
- Paul’s Shipwreck Bible Coloring Page
- Paper snake craft based on snakes in the rain forest
- Paul’s shipwreck crossword puzzle
- “Helping Feed the Savior’s Lambs” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend). President Henry B. Eyring explains how children can help nourish the faith of others. Includes a coloring activity that invites children to think about how they can share the gospel and strengthen new members of the
- Paul Was Shipwrecked Bible Craft
- King Agrippa and Paul accordian story
- Paul’s shipwreck coloring page
- Snake pencil topper made from pipecleaners and some glue.
- Paul’s Shipwreck Match Game
- Springy coiled snakes made from paper plates and cut out.
- Paul was shipwrecked bible handprint craft
Are these Come Follow Me 7/31 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!