If you find these Come Follow Me 7/24 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 7/24 for Kids
I Hope They Call Me on a Mission (Children’s #169)
- Use this map to trace Paul’s Journeys as a missionary.
- Pick a few examples from Acts 16–21 and share them with your family.
- What impressions do you have about Paul and his dedication to the gospel?
- If you have missionary experiences you could show a map of your mission and where you went.
Minionaries – these are adorable!
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 7/24 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 7/24: Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 7/24 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 7/24 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 7/24:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 7/24 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 7/24
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 7/24
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Let the Holy Spirit Guide (Hymns #143)
- The Prophet Joseph Smith declared, “No man can preach the Gospel without the Holy Ghost.”
- The Holy Ghost guides missionary work. We are going to see a lot of examples about that this week.
- He teaches us what to say and when to say it.
- Have you every felt the Holy Ghost tell you to do or say something? What did you do?
How can I hear the Holy Ghost today?
Hark, All Ye Nations! (Hymns #264)
- The missionaries took every opportunity to share the gospel, even in times where it wasn’t convenient or easy (like in a jail cell.)
- We don’t have to be in a specific situation to talk about the gospel, we can share it anytime with anyone.
Who can I share the gospel with today?
I Am a Child of God (Children’s #2)
- What does it mean to be the ‘offspring’ of God?
- Why is it important to you to know that you are a child of God?
- What does that tell you about your future? Your potential?
What does it mean that I am a child of God?
A Child’s Prayer (Children’s #12)
- These people worshiped an unknown God. It means they didn’t understand Him.
- Do you know your God? How do/can you know Him?
- Why is it important to know God?
What do I know about God?
“Lead Me, Guide Me” game to talk about ways that God tries to communicate with you on earth.
“I Am a Child of God” (Hymns #301)
- What does it mean to be a child of God?
- Even though we are all different and unique, we are all His children.
- How can we know we are children of God?
- What does it mean to be joint-heirs with Christ? How do we suffer with Him?
What does it mean to be a child of God?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 7/24
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 7/24:
Encourage the children to look for a scripture this week that teaches about Jesus Christ (this could happen during their personal or family scripture study). Next week, invite them to share what they found.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 7/24
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 7/24 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 7/24
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 7/24
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch “We Are the Offspring of God”
- Paul Preached In Athens Word Search
- “Fighting Off Falsehoods” (July 2017 Friend). Some things you see might make you feel bad about yourself. Practice battling Satan’s lies with Heavenly Father’s truths by matching each falsehood with a truth.
- Paul Preached In Athens Craft
- Amazing Paul and Barnabas (Maze) – Using information in Acts 13-14 find each city in the maze in the order that Paul and Barnabas visited them on their first missionary journey
- “I Have a Father in Heaven, Who Loves Me” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend). Make a bookmark reminder. Includes a short lesson by Primary presidency member Cheryl Esplin.
- Paul Taught Lydia About Jesus Bible Craft
- “I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me” (January 2004 Friend). A printable “I am a child of God” picture frame.
- Paul Preached In Athens Coded Words
- “Sharing Time: I Am a Child of God” (January 2004 Liahona and Friend). Cut out and glue together a box that shares scriptures about our heritage as children of God.
- Paul Preached In Athens Large Jigsaw Puzzle
- Find it on the Map – Put the list of cities in Paul’s journey in order and then draw the route on the map.
- Paul and Silas Were Rescued from Jail Coloring Page
- Paul Escaped in a Basket Coloring Page
Are these Come Follow Me 7/24 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!