Come Follow Me 8/8/2022 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
If you find these Come Follow Me 8/8 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 8/8 for Kids
- How does being still help us get to know God?
- This is tied to reverence.
- Where else can we be still? (Church, prayers, FHE, etc)
Have a contest to see who can sit still the longest.
Try the Marshmallow Test
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 8/8 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 8/8: Psalm 24:3–4
Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 8/8 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 8/8 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 8/8:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 8/8 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 8/8
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 8/8
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
The Lord Is My Shepherd (Hymns #108)
- This week we are going to study some the book of Psalms. We don’t know who wrote Psalms. Some people think it was King David.
- The Psalms are songs and prayers that were important to Jews. The Savior quoted a lot of the Psalms.
- In the Psalms, we get a window into the soul of God’s ancient people. We see how they felt about God, what they worried about, and how they found peace.
- In these chapters, what are some of the worries? What are the solutions?
How can I trust God?
Coloring Page – The Lord is My Shepherd
Easter Hosanna (Children’s #68)
- Several of the Psalms point to the mortal life of Jesus Christ.
- How do the chapters we read match Matthew 27:35–46; Luke 23:34–35; and John 19:23–24?
- What are the connections between the Psalms and the life of the Savior?
- Imagine that you were a Jew in Jesus’s time who was familiar with the Psalms and saw connections to the Savior’s life. How might this knowledge have been a blessing to you?
Draw a picture of one of the Psalms that applies to Christ’s life.
How Great Thou Art (Hymns #86)
- These chapters are in praise of the Lord’s many beautiful creations.
- How do these chapters make you feel? What do you think about as we read them?
- How do the Lord’s creations “declare the glory of God” to you?
What are my favorite creations? Why?
“A Beautiful World” (November 2012 Friend)
The Still Small Voice (Children’s #106)
- In the Psalms, words like testimony, statutes, commandment, and judgments can refer to the word of the Lord.
- What do these verses in chapter 19 suggest to you about the word of the Lord?
- What does chapter 29 teach us about the voice of the Lord?
- Have we had any experiences like these?
When have I heard the voice or word of the Lord?
Coloring Page – The Lighted Path
The Lord Is My Light (Hymns #89)
- Because the temple at Jerusalem was built on a hill, the phrase “hill of the Lord” (Psalm 24:3) may refer to the temple or to the presence of God.
- What does that change about the meaning in chapter 24?
- What does it mean to have clean hands and a pure heart?
How can I have a pure heart today?
Make a handprint craft.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 8/8
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 8/8:
Invite the children to choose a verse they like from the psalms they have talked about today. Encourage them to share that verse with a family member or a friend.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 8/8
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 8/8 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 8/8:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 8/8
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read or watch David A. Bednar, “Clean Hands and a Pure Heart,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2007, 80–83.
- Study more of the Psalms in connection with Christ’s life by reading Psalms 31:5; 34:20; 41:9; Luke 24:44; Hebrews 2:9–12.
- Turn to the back of a Hymnbook where it says “Scriptures.” Sing the hymns that go with the book of Psalms and read the verses.
- Free printable worksheets for different chapters in Psalms
- Free printable tracing worksheets of different verses in Psalms
- Different Friend activities about the Creation
- Psalms 23 bingo
- Make handprint crafts to symbolize clean hands.
Are these Come Follow Me 8/8 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!