If you find these Come Follow Me 1/3 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 1/3 for Kids
- Read through Genesis 1. Identify every time you hear it mention that God saw his creations were good.
- Why do you think he said this so many times?
- How should we treat God’s creations?
Act out animals and have the rest of the family guess which it is.
Circus animal crackers
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 1/3 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 1/3: Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 1/3 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 1/3 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 1/3:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 1/3 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 1/3
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 1/3
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- Talk about each of the first six days of Creation.
- We don’t know if things were really created in one day or if that is a symbol, but we know that the Creation really happened.
- Jesus created the earth under the direction of Heavenly Father.
Why did God make the world with so much variety?
Draw pictures of your favorite things from the Creation
- These verses say “the Gods.” This means Jesus created the world with Heavenly Father giving Him instructions.
- Why do you think the Creation happened in this order? Could the plants have been made first, and then the sun?
- Everything God does is logical and organized. Why do you think this is important?
- We should approach each day with organization, too.
How can I create my day today?
Coloring page The Creation
- Why is it important to know that we were created in God’s image?
- How does it affect the way we feel about ourselves, others, and God?
- How should we treat our bodies?
How can I take care of my body today?
Use play-doh to create your own bodies and other things from the Creation.
- Adam and Eve were married for time and all eternity, just like we are when we get sealed in the temple.
- Why do you think this is important to know? How should we act in our families?
- What does “multiply and replenish the earth” mean? This commandment is given to us today, too.
How can I prepare for eternal marriage?
- God made the Sabbath day holy, and He asks us to keep it holy.
- How can we keep the Sabbath day holy this weekend?
What can I do this Sunday to keep it holy?
“Getting Ready for Church” (September 2009 Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 1/3
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 1/3:
Help the children think about how they can do an activity with their families similar to one you did in class. You might want to help them write a note to remind themselves.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 1/3
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 1/3 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 1/3:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 1/3
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read “Your Body: A Magnificent Gift to Cherish” (New Era, Aug. 2019, 2–7)
- Watch the video “God’s Greatest Creation”
- Play “More than Just Quietly Sitting” (October 2016 Friend). A matching game with pictures of children and how they made changes to be more reverent.
- “Sunday Activities” (July 2007 Friend). Unscramble words that describe the kinds of things that should be done on the Sabbath.
- “A Beautiful World” (November 2012 Friend). Look at the pictures of different animals then find them in the bigger illustration.
- Coloring Page: “The Creation” (January 2010 Friend)
- “The Creation” (January 1990 Friend). Find words relating to the Creation in this word search.
- “My Creation Book” (March 2002 Friend). Make a book illustrating the days of the Creation.
- “Wonderful World” (August 2016 Friend). Solve the puzzle to find out why this world has so many different plants and animals.
- Make and color this Creation Wheel
- Cut and color this Creation globe.
- Do some of these fun activities for each day of the Creation.
- “Temples Bless Families” (July 2004 Liahona and Friend). Make a mobile that illustrates how families are sealed together in the temple.
- “Body Blessings” (March 1991 Friend). Figure out the missing word by crossing out items on the list that are bad for our bodies.
Are these Come Follow Me 1/3 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!