If you find these Come Follow Me 10/14 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/14 for Kids
Truth from Elijah (Children’s #90)
- Read the verses in 3 Nephi. Each time you hear the word “heart,” put your hand over your heart.
- These verses talk about family history. “Fathers” means ancestors, and “children” means descendants.
- Elijah the prophet had the priesthood authority to seal families together forever.
- This prophesy is about how he would restore that power in the last days so family work could be done and people could be sealed forever.
- Read the D&C verses. This is the prophesy being fulfilled!
- The spirit of Elijah is across the whole earth – millions of people, not just Latter-day Saints, are doing their geneaology and sharing it with others.
- Discuss goals you can set for family history. (Indexing, temple trips, Family Search accounts, etc.)
Make a family tree. You can use this free printable, or find your own.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/14 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 10/14: 3 Nephi 24:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/14 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/14 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/14:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/14 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 10/14
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 for Come Follow Me 10/14
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Seek the Lord Early (Children’s #108)
- Jesus came back from heaven to the Nephites, gave them the sacrament again, and kept teaching them.
- Jesus’s words and actions throughout these chapters reveal how He feels about the scriptures. How does He feel?
- What do we learn about the scriptures in these verses?
- How is searching different than just reading?
- What can we do to search the scriptures diligently?
How can I do better at searching the scriptures?
“Listen for His Voice” connect-the-dots
An Angel Came to Joseph Smith (Children’s #86a)
- Jesus prophecied a lot about the last days, which is now!
- Remember how we learned about the Savior saying He had other sheep, and those were the Nephites? The Nephites and the people in Jerusalem were all descendants of Israel.
- In the last days, the Lord said He would gather all of Israel together. If you aren’t one of Israel’s descendants, then you get adopted into his family when you are baptized and make covenants with the Lord.
- These verses tell us that the gathering of Israel will begin when the Nephites’ writings are given throughout the world. That’s the Book of Mormon!
- Those of us who have the Book of Mormon have the responsibility to help gather Israel.
How can I help gather Israel?
The Book of Mormon around the World activity page
Teacher, Do You Love Me? (Children’s #178)
- The Savior quotes words from the prophets Isaiah and Malachi.
- What are some of the images and comparisons that He uses?
- What do these comparisons teach you about God’s relationship with His people—and His relationship with you?
- How have the promises in these chapters been fulfilled in your life or your family’s life?
- Watch “The Refiner’s Fire”
Which of today’s analogies stood out the most to me? Why?
I Want to Give the Lord My Tenth (Children’s #150b)
- Why do you think the Lord asks us to pay tithing when He created everything? Does He need our tithing?
- What are the blessings of paying tithing?
- (Have the adult share an experience about paying tithing and a blessing that came from it.)
How have I been blessed by paying tithing?
Thy Servants Are Prepared (Hymns #261) verses 1 and 3
- The church is compared to a tent in the wilderness in this verse. Look at this picture of a tent.
- The phrases “lengthen its cords” and “strengthen its stakes” are used in the verses.
- What do you think these mean? (Cords make the tent area bigger, and stakes keep the tent from falling over.)
- How might you invite others to shelter from the wilderness in the gospel?
How can I enlarge my tent?
Construct a makeshift tent in your living room/backyard and talk about the importance of cords and stakes.
Primary Children’s Activities for Come Follow Me 10/14
The Come, Follow Me – Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 manual suggests that you look at this month’s issue of the Friend magazine for more ideas.
There is also an activity page in this week’s section of the CFM manual.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 10/14
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/14 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you
If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament Meeting, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/14
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 10/14
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian (or do them in the workbook if you purchased it from Amazon).
- Coloring Page: “Family Reunion” (September 2015 Friend)
- Read Russell M. Nelson “The Gathering of Scattered Israel,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2006, 79.
- “Family History Fun” (February 2011 Friend)
- Write down your favorite scripture verses and hide them. Then take turns finding each other’s hidden scriptures, read them together, and talk about why these verses are meaningful.
- Coloring Page: “I Can Pay Tithing”
- Read Elder David A. Bednar’s message “The Windows of Heaven” (Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2013, 17–20).
- Watch “Jesus Teaches about the Widow’s Mite”
- Video: “The Hearts of the Children” An 11-year-old boy helps his family feel passionate about family history. Taken from the April 2013 Primary Leadership Training broadcast.
- “Gospel A to Z” (May 2019 Friend) Use each letter of the alphabet to draw a gospel picture.
- Use FamilySearch.org to create a large family tree. Tell the children about different people on the tree. Share stories you may remember about them.
- Watch Video: Matt & Mandy, “Paying Tithing” (September 2010)
- Watch Video: “Hannah’s View” A girl shares how she likes family history and how her family is preparing to go to the temple.
- “Tithing Around the World” (April 2018 Friend) Figure out how much tithing you would pay for these amounts of currency from around the world.
- Watch Video: For Little Friends, “Tithing”
- “Tithing Blessings” (June 2017 Friend) Pictures to color of things that tithing money helps with.
Are these Come Follow Me 10/14 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!