If you find these Come Follow Me 10/2 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/2 for Kids
For All the Saints (Hymns #82)
- Christ’s gospel is meant to being people of varying backgrounds and lives together under a common belief.
- It breaks down barriers between us.
- What kinds of things keep us separated from others today?
- How can the gospel help?
- How has Christ broken down the wall between us and God?
Have all family members sit around the room and build walls (with pillows or blocks) between everyone. Break them all down.
This week is General Conference. You may want to have your activity be one of these 30+ FREE General Conference Activity Ideas for Kids & Preschoolers to prepare your family.
Rainbow jello. The dessert is so much better with all of the flavors combining together.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/2 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 10/2: Ephesians 4:11
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/2 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/2 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/2:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/2 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 10/2
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 10/2
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
O My Father (Hymns #292)
- When Paul talks about Predestination, he does not mean that every person was chosen to be saved or not. That is dependent on the choices each person makes.
- Heavenly Father loves all His children.
- Some people were chosen to fulfill certain roles (prophets, missionaries, etc.) This is what Paul was referring to.
What roles do I have?
Hark, All Ye Nations! (Hymns #264)
- The Dispensation of the Fullness of Times is right now!
- The Restored Gospel is everything brought back together in Christ.
- Why do you think this is important?
- What could happen if the gospel was not complete in one?
How has the gospel affected my life?
Follow the Prophet (last verse)
- What is the importance of prophets and apostles?
- Why do you think Jesus set up a church with prophets and apostles as the foundation?
- What would happen if you took them away?
How can I gain a testimony of the prophet and apostles?
Use paper cups upside down to build a pyramid with the prophets and apostles on the bottom. What happens to the Church when they are pulled out? (see image)
Love at Home (Hymns #318)
- Paul gave some counsel on how to have a strong marriage/family.
- Some of it is more aligned with the time he lived, but some of it is very valuable.
- Husbands should love and respect their wives and wives should love and respect their husbands.
- Counsel in our day how to have a strong family is found in the prophet’s words in the family proclamation.
How can I have a strong family?
Onward, Christian Soldiers (Hymns #246)
- Paul compared preparing spiritually like putting on the ‘armour of God.’
- What do some of the pieces mean?
- Which is your favorite?
- Can you remember to do that every day, just like you would put on armour every time you go to fight a battle?
How can I put my armor on?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 10/2
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 10/2:
Invite the children to be watching this week for someone who might feel like a stranger. Challenge them to do something to reach out to that person.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 10/2
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/2 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/2
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 10/2
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- “Article of Faith 5” (May 2011 Friend). Number the pictures in the right order to show the steps to call a person to serve.
- Watch the video “The Armor of God”
- “Sharing Time: The Gospel is Restored” (February 2003 Liahona and Friend). Includes a matching game with the articles of faith and corresponding pictures.
- Armor of God Bible study and lapbook.
- “Article of Faith 7” (July 2011 Friend). An illustrated explanation of the seventh article of faith.
- “Sixth Article of Faith” (January 2001 Friend). Find the correct vowels to complete these words in the sixth article of faith.
- Armor of God scavenger hunt
- “The Restored Church” (April 2013 Friend). Match the pictures with the scripture verses that describe them.
- “Article of Faith 6” (June 2011 Friend). Fill in the blanks with the correct words from the sixth article of faith, then find the words in the word search
- Coloring Page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I learn about the Restoration of the gospel.” (May 2007 Friend)
- “The Armor of God” (October 2019 Friend). Find the hidden objects in this illustration of a girl who has drawn a picture of the armor of God.
- “The Armor of Righteousness” (Feb. 2010 Friend). A matching activity about putting on the armor of righteousness.
- “The Whole Armor of God” (Mar. 1987 Friend). Instructions for making your own “armor of God” out of simple materials.
- “A Shield of Faith” (Aug. 2004 Friend). An illustrated shield to print and color.
- “The Church of Jesus Christ Has Been Restored” (May 2011 Friend). Includes an activity to find hidden pictures of things related to the restoration in an illustration of the Sacred Grove.
- “Truth Revealed” (June 2011 Friend). A scrambled word puzzle about prophets and revelation.
- TONS of free printables about the Armor of God
Are these Come Follow Me 10/2 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!