If you find these Come Follow Me 11/28 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 11/28 for Kids
- A stronghold is a fortified place of security and survival.
- How is the Lord like a “strong hold”?
- What makes our day a “day of trouble”?
- How do Jesus Christ and His gospel fortify us?
- How do we show Him that we “trust in Him”?
Build a fortress with cushions, pillows, blankets, blocks, etc.
Make a fort cake
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 11/28 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 11/28: Zephaniah 2:3
Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord’s anger.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 11/28 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 11/28 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 11/28:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 11/28 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 11/28
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 11/28
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- A lot of the Old Testament containeds prophecies about destruction. We are going to study 3 of the prophets who prophecied about destruction this week.
- Nahum’s mission was to foretell the destruction of Nineveh. They repented after Jonah, but then grew wicked again. This also symbolizes the destruction of the wicked in the last days.
- Nahum began by describing God’s wrath and matchless power, but He also spoke about God’s mercy and goodness.
- What attributes of God do you notice in these chapters?
- Why is it important to know them?
What is my favorite attribute about God?
- Even prophets sometimes have questions about the Lord’s ways.
- What was Habakkuk’s question?
- What was the Lord’s answer in chapter 2?
- What do you find in Habakkuk 2:1–4 that inspires you to trust the Lord when you have unanswered questions?
How can I trust in the Lord today?
- After hearing the Lord’s answer, how did Habakkuk respond?
- How can we follow Habakkuk’s example?
How can I rejoice in the Lord today?
- Do you know what meekness is? Here are some definitions from the dictionary:
- enduring injury with patience and without resentment
- not violent
- a mild, moderate, humble, or submissive quality
- What is righteousness?
- How can we seek meekness and righteousness?
How can I be meek today?
I Am a Child of God (Children’s #2) verses 3-4
- After the destruction in the last days, there will be the Second Coming and the Lord will rule the earth.
- These verses describes the joy of the righteous after the Lord “hath cast out thine enemy.”
- What blessings promised in these verses stand out to you?
- Why is it important to you to know about these blessings?
How does Jesus feel about me?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 11/ 28
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 11/28:
Ask the children to write down the reference to a scripture that they want to share with their families (or write it for them).
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 11/28
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 11/28 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 11/28:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 11/28
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read or watch Robert D. Hales, “Waiting upon the Lord: Thy Will Be Done,” Ensign, Nov. 2011, 71–74.
- Read “Nahum,” “Habakkuk,” and “Zephaniah” in the Bible Dictionary.
- Read Habakkuk 2:14. Show the children a map of the world (see Church History Maps, no. 7, “Map of the World”). Help them find the place where they live and places where missionaries they know have served. Bear your testimony that Heavenly Father wants all people throughout the earth to know about Jesus Christ. How can we help teach other people about Jesus? Tell the children about things you have seen them do that teach you about Jesus Christ. Help them think of other things they can do.
- Read President Dieter F. Uchtdorf’s message “Grateful in Any Circumstances” (Ensign or Liahona, May 2014, 70–77), especially the section “Being Grateful in Our Circumstances.”
- Look at this illustrated summary of Nahum.
- Nahum coloring page
- Zepheniah coloring page
- Learn more about meekness with these Beatitudes worksheets
Are these Come Follow Me 11/28 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!