Daily devotionals, Family Home Evening (FHE), and Sunday ideas for kids and young children that go with Come, Follow Me for 12/21/2020.
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 12/21
Work on memorizing this scripture during the week for Come Follow Me 12/21: Mosiah 3:8
And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 12/21
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 12/21 devotionals! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 12/21:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 12/21 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 12/21
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Many prophets in the Book of Mormon prophesied of Christ’s birth.
- What do we learn about the Savior in these verses?
Download these paper ornaments to glue onto this tree and learn about different Christmas traditions around the world. (Note: this is technically an advent calendar, but you can do it however you want)
How do the testimonies of these prophets in ancient America strengthen my testimony of Christ and His mission?
- Why are we so excited that Jesus was born? After all, many other babies are born and we don’t ALL celebrate their birthdays.
- Jesus’s birth was important because He was the only person to be born with God as His earthly Father. He was perfect, and because of that He could perform the Atonement and die for our sins.
- Without His birth, we would never be able to return to the Celestial Kingdom.
- What do the scriptures tell us about His mission on earth?
What can I do this Christmas season to show my gratitude to the Savior?
- Read the verses together. What do we learn about the Savior from these Book of Mormon prophets?
“Christmas Party” image search
My favorite person [or story] in the Book of Mormon taught me that the Savior….
Thursday Devotional (Christmas Eve)
Put on this “Christmas in the Americas: A Christmas Program” (December 2004 Friend). It’s a musical program about the Samuel the Lamanite, the Nephites, and Christ’s birth. Includes costume and prop ideas.
Primary Assignment for Come Follow Me 12/21
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 12/21:
Invite the children to share with their family how the Book of Mormon has helped them learn more about Christ. Encourage them to share a verse or story from the Book of Mormon as part of their testimony.
Sunday Ideas for Come Follow Me 12/21
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 12/21 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 12/21:
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Sing Christmas songs from the Children’s Songbook. Then do this “Christmas Music Quiz” (December 2004 Friend) Fill in the blanks of these beloved Christmas songs.
- “Christmas Puzzles” (December 2017 Friend) Includes three Christmas-themed word puzzles to figure out.
- “The Christmas Story from the Book of Mormon” (December 1985 Friend) A musical program about the Nephites’ belief in the Savior from the time of Nephi until the Christ was born.
- “The Christmas Tree” (December 2011 Liahona and Friend) Includes a crafting activity to create Christmas ornaments.
- “Family History Mystery: Christmas Traditions” (December 2015 Friend) An activity encouraging children to learn about their family Christmas traditions.
- “The First Christmas” (December 2014 Liahona and Friend) You can put on this play with your family, friends, or Primary class.
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Making Christmas Meaningful” (December 2017 Friend) Some activity ideas to help younger children understand the meaning of Christmas.
- “Let’s Give Him a Handel” (December 2017 Friend) Fill in the blanks in these sentences from Handel’s Messiah using Bible verses.
- “Merry Christmas” (December 2013 Friend) A Christmas program that uses the letters of Merry Christmas to perform with your family or Primary.
- “Nativity Cutouts” (December 2011 Friend) Make a Nativity set with these cutout figures.
- “Two Witnesses of Jesus’ Birth” (December 1988 Friend) A musical program about how both the Bible and the Book of Mormon testify of the Savior’s birth. Includes instructions to make shadow box puppets.
- Watch these videos:
- Sing-Along Video: “The Way to Bethlehem”. Click here for the sheet music.
- Sing-Along Video: “God’s Christmas Gift”. Click here for the sheet music.
- Sing-Along Video: “He Sent His Son”. Click here for the sheet music.
- Sing-Along Video: “Our Christmas Story Tree”. Click here for the sheet music.
- Sing-Along Video: “The Nativity”. Click here for the sheet music.
- Video Collection: “Bible Videos—The Life of Jesus Christ”
- Video: For Little Friends, “A Gift for Jesus
- Another Video: Mormon Messages, “Kids and Christmas”
- Video: Mormon Messages, “The Christmas Spirit”
- Another Video: Mormon Messages, “What Shall We Give?”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 5: Jesus Christ Is Born”
Are these Come Follow Me 12/21 ideas useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!