If you find these Come Follow Me 12/25 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 12/25 for Kids
Before I Take the Sacrament (Children’s #73)
- What do you think it means to have the Savior’s name on our foreheads?
- When else do we promise to take upon ourselves Christ’s name?
Place names of scripture heroes on your foreheads and try to guess which one you have using clues from other people.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 12/25 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 12/25: Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 12/25 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 12/25 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 12/25:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 12/25 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 12/25
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 12/25
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Ye Elders of Israel (Hymns #319)
- When we are commanded to flee Babylon, that means we leave the world behind and all the bad things in it.
- What are some things in the world today that we need to leave behind?
- What are some things in your life that are keeping you in the world and away from Heavenly Father?
What can I leave behind?
Make your own magazine, video, etc. that is wholesome.
I Will Follow God’s Plan (Children’s #164)
- We will be judged out of the book of life. This is meant to represent all the things we did in life.
- If someone was to write a book about you, what you want written in it?
- If you knew someone was recording everything you did, would you live your life differently?
- What are some things you would change?
What can I write in my journal next year?
Get a simple spiral notebook and decorate the cover to make each child their own journal that they can record the following year.
The Seventh Article of Faith (Children’s #126b)
- Sometimes this verse can be confusing. Does it mean that there is not any more scripture?
- It does not. John was saying that no one should change his revelations as they were written.
- God did reveal more scripture (some of the bible was written after John’s book of revelation) including the Book of Mormon and modern day revelation.
What do I remember from General Conference that is modern revelation?
Coloring page to keep track of reading the scriptures every day.
- Because Adam and Eve ate the fruit, sin came into the world.
- None of us are perfect and will all be judged.
- Each of us has a Book of Life that records everything we do and say for Judgment Day.
- Jesus’s Atonement lets us erase things if we repent and follow Him.
- How we feel on Judgment Day will be up to us.
How can Judgment Day be a joyful day for me?
“Article of Faith 2” (February 2011 Friend)
Beautiful Zion, Built Above (Hymns #44)
- The New Jerusalem, or Zion, will be built. It will be joined with the City of Enoch.
- What do we learn about that beautiful place from these verses?
- What will it be like to live there? Who gets to live there?
- How can we make our home like New Jerusalem?
What can I do to prepare to live in New Jerusalem?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 12/25
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 12/25:
Help the children prepare to read the Book of Mormon next year by inviting them to ask a family member or friend to share a favorite verse or story from the Book of Mormon.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 12/25
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 12/25 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 12/25
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 12/25
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- John Wrote About Heaven Word Line Up
- Watch Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 26: The Three Kingdoms”
- New Jerusalem Model – use blocks, LEGOs, etc to make a model of what you think New Jerusalem will be like. You can outline Old Jerusalem as part of your discussion.
- John Wrote About Heaven Match Game
- “Article of Faith 10” (September 2011 Friend). The pictures help illustrate what the tenth article of faith means.
- John Wrote About Heaven Spot the Differences
- All things new maze
- “Jesus Christ Will Come Again” (September 2001 Friend). Use multiplication to solve a puzzle about what Jesus taught his disciples about His Second Coming.
- Coloring page – The Second Coming of Jesus Christ
- Turn it over revelation – dice game
- 10th Article of Faith fill-in-the-blank
- “Lead Me, Guide Me” (January 2018 Friend). A game you can play to learn about Heavenly Father’s love and some special things He has given you to help you find your way back home.
- Second Coming Christ descends craft
- The Saints John described in Revelation 15:2–4 sang praises to God for His goodness. What songs of praise can your family sing to express your love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ?
- “Article of Faith 3” (March 2011 Friend). Color the picture using the number of each colored word relating to the third article of faith
Are these Come Follow Me 12/25 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!