If you find these Come Follow Me 2/7 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 2/7 for Kids
- Strife means disagreements and arguing.
- What did Abraham do to stop the strife and bring peace to his family?
- What can we each do to be a peacemaker in our homes?
Practice a few scenarios where your family needs a peacemaker.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 2/7 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 2/7:
And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 2/7 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 2/7 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 2/7:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 2/7 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 2/7
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 2/7
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- Abraham lived in a wicked environment, but he wanted to be righteous.
- How did Abraham work towards being righteous?
- Do we feel that way sometimes? What can we do to be like Abraham?
- How did God help Abraham? How can He help us?
How can I be righteous today?
Activity page Abraham Saved by the Angel of the Lord
- God made a covenant with Abraham, which we often refer to as the Abrahamic Covenant.
- God promised this covenant would continue to all of Abraham’s seed, or descendants. This includes all members of the Church because even if we don’t come from Abraham, we are adopted into his family when we join the Church.
- To be counted as Abraham’s seed, we must obey the laws and ordinance of the gospel. What are some examples of that?
How can I be a worthy part of Abraham’s seed today?
Maze Abrahamic Covenant
Follow the Prophet (#110) verse 4
- These verses contain many of the promises of the Abrahamic Covenant. We talk more about the covenants in the temple.
- What are these promises? How can we see these promises in our lives?
- When Abraham and Sarah received these promises, Sarah was very old and had not had any children at all!
- Some of these promises might be fulfilled in the next life.
How can I help fulfill the promise to spread the gospel to the world?
- Melchezidek was a great prophet; that is why the Melchezidek Priesthood was named after him.
- A lot about him was lost in translation. What do we learn about Melchizedek from Joseph Smith Translation, Genesis 14:25–40?
- What makes him a great prophet?
- What about Melchezidek’s mission inspires you? How can we follow his example?
How can I establish righteousness as Melchizedek did?
A Child’s Prayer (Children’s #12) especially verse 2
- Sometimes it feels like we have been wronged or mistreated by others.
- The name Ishmael means “God hears.” How did God hear Hagar.
- How has the Lord helped us when we have been wronged before?
What can I do when I feel I have been mistreated?
“I Forgive You” (September 1994 Liahona and Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 2/7
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 2/7:
Send a note home with the children to encourage their family members to notice when the children are being peacemakers, keeping promises, or doing something else you talked about in class.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 2/7
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 2/7 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 2/7:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 2/7
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch the video Chapter 08: Abraham
- Abraham obeys God worksheet and coloring page
- Coloring page: “I can prepare now to serve a full-time mission.” (November 2012 Friend)
- “Priesthood Hidden Scripture” (June 2004 Friend). Blacken some letters in this square to read a scripture about the priesthood.
- Abraham stars craft
- Quiz about Abraham
- Splatter paint scene of Abraham under a starry night sky
- God guided Abraham word search
- Tons of free Abraham and Sarah coloring pages
- Abraham image
- “The Bullying Problem/The Kindness Challenge”. Do you treat others kindly or meanly?
- “Cease from Anger” (February 2010 Friend). A quiz about patience and forgiveness.
- Following Jesus challenges
Are these Come Follow Me 2/7 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!