Links on this website may be affiliate links. We are an Amazon affiliate, which means we will receive a small compensation for each purchase you make through our links at no extra cost to you.
You also should check out our Google Web Story about our devotionals!
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 3/1 for Kids
- Talk about what it means to walk in holiness before the Lord. (works and faith in line with the scriptures)
- What kinds of things encourage us to be holy?
- What kinds of things distract us from the goal?
- Write down on pieces of paper examples from both categories (1 per paper) and lay them out on the floor.
- Take turns walking across the room by only stepping on the things that help us to be more holy.
Have the family members shuffle the papers and see who can cross the room the fastest.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 3/1 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 3/1: D&C 21:4-5
…thou shalt give heed unto all his words and commandments which he shall give unto you as he receiveth them, walking in all holiness before me;
For his word ye shall receive, as if from mine own mouth, in all patience and faith.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 3/1 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 3/1 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 3/1:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 3/1 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 3/1
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 3/1
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- Now that Joseph had the Priesthood and could perform baptisms, it was time to organize the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Section 20 gives an outline for the Church. But first, it talks about the important truths of the gospel that had been lost that were being restored.
- What are some of those truths?
What truth means the most to me?
“Article of Faith 6” (June 2011 Friend)
- In order to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we need to be baptized. What do we learn about baptism in verse 37?
- Why do we get baptized?
- The sacrament prayers help us remember the promises (covenants) we make at baptism.
- What 3 things do we promise? What does Heavenly Father promise us in return?
What can I do to prepare to take the sacrament on Sunday?
- There are lots of different Priesthood offices and responsibilities.
- The Aaronic Priesthood has four offices: deacon, teacher, priest, and Bishop. The rest are part of the Melchezidek Priesthood: elder, high priest, patriarch, seventy, apostle, and prophet.
- Each office has different responsibilities. What are some of the responsibilities we learn about this
Boys: What can I do to prepare to hold the priesthood?
Girls: What can I do to live worthy of Priesthood blessings?
“Article of Faith 5” (May 2011 Friend)
- What do we learn about the prophet in verses 4-9?
- What are the promises we receive if we follow the prophet’s words?
What can I do today to follow the prophet?
Coloring Page: “Prophets speak for Heavenly Father” (March 2011 Friend)
- One of the most important things about the Restoration of the gospel was the restoring of the Priesthood.
- Without the Priesthood, a baptism doesn’t count – it would be just as valid as taking a bath.
- If you were driving too fast on the road and an ice cream truck pulled you over, could the ice cream truck driver write a speeding ticket? No, because he doesn’t have the authority to do that. Only a policeman can do that.
- That’s how the priesthood authority is. People can do the actions, but it isn’t recognized by heaven unless they have the Priesthood and are assigned by Church leaders to do it.
Why is authority important?
“The Baptism Covenant” matching game – talk about each part of the covenant of baptism.
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 3/1
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 3/1:
Invite the children to make a list of reasons they are thankful for the restored Church of Jesus Christ. Encourage them to share their list with a family member or friend.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 3/1
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 3/1 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you.
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 3/1:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 3/1
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch or read “Chapter 9: Organization of the Church of Jesus Christ”
- Watch “The Baptism of Jesus” and talk about the importance of baptism
- “I Will Make and Keep My Baptismal Covenant” (May 2009 Friend). After learning about baptism, complete this maze by reading scriptures about covenants.
- “Keeping Our Baptismal Covenant” (October 2006 Liahona and Friend). A board game about the promises we make at baptism.
- Print out several coloring pages about the sacrament.
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Gave Us the Sacrament” (June 2019 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I follow His example and keep his commandments.” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My family is blessed when we remember Jesus Christ.” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “The Sabbath Is a Special Day” (April 2016 Liahona)
- “Making the Sacrament Special” (May 2017 Friend). A fill-in-the-blank activity using a sacrament prayer and tips for making the sacrament more meaningful.
- Play the game “Remember” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend). A matching game with pictures of several priesthood ordinances.
- “The Restored Church” (April 2013 Friend). Match the pictures with the scripture verses that describe them.
- “Special Witness: Why does the Church have such a long name?” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend). Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- “Special Witness: The Name of the Church” (February 2003 Friend). Elder Russell M. Nelson discusses the origins of the name of the Church.
Are these Come Follow Me / ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!