If you find these Come Follow Me 3/21 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 3/21 for Kids
- The Lord asked Moses to remove his shoes when he approached the burning bush to show reverence for the place where the Lord had come.
- What can we do to show reverence for sacred places?
- Our home can be included in the list of these places.
Come up with some ways your family can show reverence during the sacrament.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 3/21 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 3/21: Exodus 6:7
And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 3/21 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 3/21 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 3/21:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 3/21 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 3/21
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 3/21
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
- Several women played critical roles in God’s plan to raise up a deliverer for the Israelites.
- What women do we read about in these verses? How are they examples to us?
- Who are righteous women in your life? What makes them righteous?
How can I follow the example of a righteous woman in my life?
“Mothers in the Scriptures” (May 2008 Friend)
- Moses was raised as a prince, but he gave it up to rescue an Israelite who was being mistreated.
- He then went to be a shepherd and worked hard.
- How is Moses an example of doing what is right? Even with difficult consequences?
How can I stand up for right?
- When Moses approached the burning bush, the Lord told him to remove his shoes as a sign of reverence. How can we show reverence for sacred places?
- The Lord gave Moses power to perform three miracles as signs to show the children of Israel that He had sent Moses. What do these signs teach us about Jesus Christ?
- Today we know Moses as a great prophet and leader. But Moses did not see himself that way when the Lord first called him.
- How can we apply this to ourselves when we feel inadequate?
What should I do when I feel like I can’t do something God asks of me?
Nephi’s Courage (#120) verse 3
- Although Moses courageously went before Pharaoh, just as God had commanded, and told him to release the Israelites, Pharaoh refused.
- In fact, he made the Israelites’ lives harder.
- Moses and the Israelites may have wondered why things weren’t working out even when Moses was doing what God asked him to do.
- Have you ever felt this way? Has the prophet asked you to do something you don’t understand or agree with, or even seems to make life worse?
How can I follow the the prophet?
- One of the central themes in the book of Exodus is that God has power to free His people from oppression.
- The Israelites in captivity are symbolic of all of us in captivity to sin and imperfections.
- The Lord is the only one who can rescue us, just as He was the only one to free the Israelites from Egypt.
How can I strengthen my faith in Jesus?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 3/21
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 3/21:
To help the children share what they learned from Exodus 1–6, encourage them to draw a picture of one of the people they learned about in class to share with their family.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 3/21
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 3/21 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 3/21:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 3/21
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read or watch Chapter 15: The Baby Moses
- Learn this “Baby-Moses Action Rhyme” (January 1997 Friend). A poem with actions about the baby Moses.
- Coloring Page: “Moses Becomes a Prophet” (May 2010 Friend)
- Do this Moses and the Burning Bush craft
- Moses Finds His Way in the Palace – Help Moses find his way through the palace
- Moses Maze – Help Moses find the burning bush
- Moses Shepherd Maze – Help Moses get his sheep into their pasture
- Coloring Page – Moses’ Concern for Hebrew Slaves
- Burning Bush: God’s Name? – God tells Moses His name use the code to discover what God says Moses should tell the people
- Make this Baby Moses paper plate craft
- Weave paper together to make the basket Moses was hidden in.
- Make this Baby Moses Wave in a Bottle craft
- Moses and the Burning Bush coloring page
- TONS of free printable Moses activity sheets
Are these Come Follow Me 3/21 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!