If you find these Come Follow Me 10/30 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 10/30 for Kids
Come, Listen to a Prophet’s Voice (Hymns #21)
- We know what is right and wrong, but sometimes we let good things we should be doing slip away.
- You can use an object lesson to show that somethings are hard to hold onto (a bar of soap, etc)
- How can we make sure that the things we hear and learn don’t slip away from us?
- Conference was 1 month ago. Do you still remember the things you learned?
- What can you do to make sure you remember and do those things?
Play hot potato.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 10/30 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 10/30: Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 10/30 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 10/30 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 10/30:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 10/30 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 10/30
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 10/30
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
O My Father (Hymsn #292)
“Jesus … came to improve man’s view of God and to plead with them to love their Heavenly Father as He has always and will always love them. … So feeding the hungry, healing the sick, rebuking hypocrisy, pleading for faith—this was Christ showing us the way of the Father” – Jeffery R. Holland
- When Christ was here, He was a great example for all of us.
- He was setting an example of who Heavenly Father is.
- We can learn much about our Father from His Son that lived His life just like His Father would have.
- Christ had His Father’s power, and He shares it with righteous men on earth.
What is something Jesus did that I can work on doing this week?
I Stand All Amazed (Hymns #193)
- One of the reasons Christ went through temptations and afflictions was so that He could experience those in order to help us with them.
- He does not expect us to do everything right the first time because He could.
- He understands how hard it is in life and will be there to help us.
When I mess up the first time at something, what should I do?
Be Thou Humble (Hymns #130)
- Paul taught that we should not harden our hearts.
- What does that mean?
- How can we soften our hearts?
- Why do you think it is important to have a humble and faithful heart?
What can I do to have a softer heart?
Hard/soft hearts with beans and cotton balls (about 1/3 down)
Book of Mormon Stories (Children’s #118)
- When Paul taught about not hardening our hearts he used a scripture story to show what happened when the children of Israel chose not to have faith in the Lord (the story of the children of Israel being delivered out of Egypt but choosing false idols)
- Can you think of any other stories where people were blessed, but then chose the wrong? (tower of Babel, Laman & Lemuel on the boat, sons of Mosiah, etc.)
- Why do you think that happened?
What are my blessings?
Hum Your Favorite Hymn (Children’s #152)
- How did Christ show that He loved righteousness and hated iniquity? Can you think of any examples of Christ or His prophets loving people in spite of their sins? (Joseph of Egypt and his brothers, woman taken in adultery, etc.)
- How did Christ treat those that had been wicked?
- If we feel like we want to make a wrong choice, what can we do to change our desires?
Who in my life is difficult to love? How can I love them?
“‘I Love You This Much’ Card” (February 2005 Friend)
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 10/30
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 10/30:
Invite the children to share a scripture, song, or activity they learned in class today with their families during home evening.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 10/30
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 10/30 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 10/30
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 10/30
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Use playdoh to make hearts. Are they easier to make them beautiful and the right shape when the playdoh is soft or is hard and dried out?
- Verse: “What I Know” (November 2018 Friend). A simple poem with actions about loving others as Jesus does.
- “For Little Friends: Jesus Christ Loves Everyone” (April 2007 Friend). Make a booklet that shows Jesus Christ giving love to others as you think about people to show love to.
- “Heart Wreath” (February 2012 Friend). Make a wreath from paper plates and paper. Write things you like about different family members on the hearts.
- “Article of Faith 5” (May 2011 Friend). Number pictures relating to how a person receives a calling in the right order.
- “The Random Acts of Kindness Wall” (April 2015 Friend). How many kind things can your family do for each other this month?
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ once lived on the earth, and I have faith that He will come again.” (December 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- “Showing Our Love” (August 2018 Friend). Find words in this word search that tell how we can share the Savior’s love with others.
- “We Missed You” (April 2016 Friend). Do something nice for someone you noticed wasn’t at church on Sunday.
- “Joseph Forgives His Brothers” (April 2010 Friend)
- “Jesus Is My Savior” (April 2019 Liahona and Friend). Color in a sun ray after you read each sentence about what Jesus has done for us. Then color the rest of the picture of the resurrected Savior.
- “I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me” (January 2004 Friend). A printable “I am a child of God” picture frame.
- “I Have a Father in Heaven, Who Loves Me” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend). Children can make this bookmark to remind them of God’s love.
- “Lead Me, Guide Me” (January 2018 Friend). A game you can play to learn about Heavenly Father’s love and some special things He has given you to help you find your way back home.
- “Repentance and the Atonement” (Mar. 2004 Liahona and Friend). An activity to create a booklet to remind yourself to follow Jesus’s example.
- “The Atonement” (Mar. 1989 Friend). An activity to look up scriptures that relate to the Atonement, complete the quotes, and then rearrange the filled-in words to discover what the Savior’s work and glory is.
- Coloring page: “I have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.” (January 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Are these Come Follow Me 10/30 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!