If you find these Come Follow Me 4/24 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/24 for Kids
The Lord Is My Shepherd (Hymns #316)
- act out the different parts of the story with homemade paper puppet cut outs or toy action figures.
- What is the difference between the shepherd and the hireling?
- What does this tell you about Jesus when he calls himself the Good Shepherd?
Play the animal game (act out animals and everyone tries to guess the animal.) Don’t forget sheep and wolves!
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 4/24 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 4/24: John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/24 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 4/24 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/24:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 4/24 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 4/24
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 4/24
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Search, Ponder, and Pray (Children’s #109)
- What do you have a testimony of?
- How did you gain that testimony?
- Did you have to do something first? (Like pray before you knew Heavenly Father answered prayers?)
- We gain testimony as we try out the things we learn.
How can I strengthen my testimony today?
Sharing time idea #4 – build a fortress with testimony stones
Help Me, Dear Father (Hymns #99)
- What do we learn about repentance in this video?
- What does Jesus teach about forgiveness?
- How are we like the Pharisees sometimes?
How can I forgive today?
Though Deepening Trials (Hymns #122)
John 9:1-3 (summarize chapter)
- The apostles thought the man had sinned because people believed at the time that physical challenges were a punishment from the pre-earth life.
- Jesus taught the challenges were so God could work miracles in our lives.
- Have you experienced miracles during your challenges?
- Sometimes we need the hard things for Heavenly Father to show us miracles.
What miracle have I seen in my trials?
Book of Mormon Stories (verse 8)
- Who are the ‘other sheep?’
- Jesus was referring to other people in the world that believed in him, but hadn’t seen him yet. (The Book of Mormon has the record of when Christ came to them after he left the disciples in Jerusalem.)
How can I bring people to Jesus’s fold?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/24
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/24:
Help the children think of a commandment they can obey more fully. Ask them to try to obey that commandment during the coming week.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 4/24
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/24 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 4/24
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 4/24
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch this video: (Go and Sin No More)
- Spot the difference Jesus Tells Woman to Sin No More
- Read Gerrit W. Gong, “Good Shepherd, Lamb of God,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2019, 97–101.
- Jesus Heals the Blind Man – How many words can you find?
- Sheep Search (Younger Children) – Flip the animal tiles to help the shepherd find his sheep. OR Sheep Search (Older Children) – A more challenging tile game where children help the shepherd find his lost sheep.
- Coloring Page – Jesus Heals the Blind Man
- Free printables where Jesus Healed a Man Born Blind
- Read the post Why You SHOULD Cast Stones at Others
- Woman caught in adultery coloring page
- “It’s Good to Be Me!” (November 2016 Friend). Heavenly Father made everyone different. Answer these questions to draw a picture that represents you.
- “Sharing Time: I Am a Child of God” (January 2004 Liahona and Friend). Cut out and glue together a box that shares scriptures about our heritage as children of God.
- “I Forgive You” (September 1994 Liahona and Friend). Includes a coloring activity about walking in others’ shoes.
- Sharing Time: “I Am a Child of God” (January 1989 Friend). Use scriptures to fill in this color-by-number sheet.
- “What Is Repentance?” (January 2012 Friend). A puzzle that uses the scriptures to define repentance.
- “Repentance—Turning from Wrong to Right” (April 1997 Liahona and Friend). Includes a repentance reminder to cut out and color.
Are these Come Follow Me 4/24 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!