Nothing makes a candy holiday worse than kids who eat too much and have an upset stomach or are too wired.
Our oldests’s first Halloween that she was old enough to eat candy, she threw up in the middle of the night.
And then she threw up again the next year.
So whether it’s food allergies or simply not wanting your kids to get a sugar high, there are many reasons to not want to hand out sugary treats on Halloween.
Even though our kids don’t have any food allergies, we have several friends whose kids do. So every year at Halloween, we put out our teal pumpkin so that families can know we are passing out allergy-friendly items.
Read on to see our favorite non-candy trick-or-treat ideas. They make perfect fillers for our trick-or-treat alternative on the years you can’t go out!
And if you want to go as a family, check out this post with Halloween Costume Ideas for Families.
Make sure you don’t miss our hundreds of other Halloween ideas! Here are some of our favorites:
- 19 Indoor Halloween Decor Ideas
- 13 Creative & Savory Halloween Dishes
- 13 Unique and Creative Halloween Decor Ideas for Outside
- 14 Creative Halloween Crafts That Kids Can Make
- 18 Amazing (and Free) Halloween Printables
- 11 Fun (and Free!) Halloween Games & Activities for Kids
- 7 Insanely Clever Halloween Trunk-or-Treat Ideas
- 13 Adorable Last-Minute & DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids
- Simple Slow Cooker Caramel Dip (only 4 ingredients!)
- 50+ Non-Candy Trick-or-Treat Ideas for Halloween
- Halloween Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- Trick or Treat Alternative Idea
- Kid-Friendly No Carve Pumpkin Ideas
Did you find these non-candy trick-or-treat ideas helpful? Share them on Pinterest!