There’s something Halloween that brings out the kid in most adults. It probably has something to do with being able to dress up and eat candy!
Sometimes, though, life gets chaotic and Halloween sneaks up on you. Or maybe school Halloween parties are early one year. No matter the reason, we’ve all been in the situation where Halloween approaches and we don’t have any costumes for our kids.
Hallowen costumes are really expensive to purchase full-price in the store, and last-minute costumes means all the good ones are sold out. This list of last minute DIY Halloween costumes will help save your bacon this year!
We also love reading these fun Halloween books, and one thing we do with simple costumes is do different ones for each kind of party the kids go to, with their favorite saved for trick-or-treating.
You may also enjoy our other Halloween posts. There’s so much fun in them, especially for anyone who is doing the Teal Pumpkin Project or has procrastinated getting costumes for the kids.
No matter what you do, have a fun, safe Halloween!
And if you want to go as a family, check out this post with Halloween Costume Ideas for Families.
Make sure you don’t miss our hundreds of other Halloween ideas! Here are some of our favorites:
- 19 Indoor Halloween Decor Ideas
- 34 Tasty Halloween Treats & Desserts
- 13 Creative & Savory Halloween Dishes
- 13 Unique and Creative Halloween Decor Ideas for Outside
- 14 Creative Halloween Crafts That Kids Can Make
- 18 Amazing (and Free) Halloween Printables
- 11 Fun (and Free!) Halloween Games & Activities for Kids
- 7 Insanely Clever Halloween Trunk-or-Treat Ideas
- Simple Slow Cooker Caramel Dip (only 4 ingredients!)
- 50+ Non-Candy Trick-or-Treat Ideas for Halloween
- Halloween Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- Trick or Treat Alternative Idea
- Kid-Friendly No Carve Pumpkin Ideas
Last Minute DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids
Please share these last minute DIY Halloween costumes on Pinterest!