Come Follow Me 4/25/2022 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
If you find these Come Follow Me 4/25 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 4/25 for Kids
- Why do we keep the Sabbath Day Holy? What does that mean?
- Discuss that it is a sign of our devotion to God how we treat the Sabbath.
- What sign will you give to the Lord that shows we love him?
Make some signs and put them up of things to help you remember to show the Lord we love him on the Sabbath.
Ice cream “Sundaes” (see what we did there??)
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 4/25 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 4/25:
And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend…
And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 4/25 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 4/25 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 4/25:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 4/25 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 4/25
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 4/25
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
Seek the Lord Early (Children’s #108)
- Israel’s covenant included rituals that are different from what God requires today, but you may notice some similarities.
- What could these things represent, and how do they relate to your covenants made at baptism?
- How can your covenants help you do “all that the Lord hath said”?
How can I keep my baptismal covenants? (How can I prepare to make baptismal covenants?)
Remember the Sabbath Day (Children’s #155)
- How should we behave on the Sabbath Day?
- The way we act on the Sabbath is a representation of how much we value our covenants with the Lord.
- President Nelson once asked, “What sign will you give to the Lord to show your love for Him?”
How can I show the Lord I love Him?
Make signs that ask President Nelson’s question and hang them around your house as a reminder.
Follow the Prophet (Children’s #110)
- The Israelites corrupted themselves quickly by breaking their covenants while Moses was in the mountain, speaking with the Lord.
- How did Moses react when he saw them worshipping false idols?
- Why do you think the Israelites wanted a golden idol?
- Why was the Israelites’ sin so serious?
- How can I keep myself from having false idols in my life?
What can I do to show that I am on the Lord’s side?
Where Love Is (Children’s #138)
- The Israelites travelled back to where Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had lived before Joseph brought them to Egypt during the famine.
- During the time away, many other people had taken over those lands. The Lord said He would remove those people so the Israelites could get their land back.
- During this time, Moses went into the Tabernacle (like a travelling temple) and he spoke with God.
- What does God tell him?
- How can we see God in our lives?
How can I see God today?
I Love to See the Temple (Children’s #95)
Joseph Smith Translation Exodus 34:1–2
- When the people couldn’t keep their covenants, Moses broke the tablets where he had written down God’s law.
- He went back up to the mountain and came back down with a different law, called the Law of Moses.
- The first law included the Melchezidek Priesthood, but the people were not ready for this “higher” law. So the second law, known as the lesser law, was administered by the Aaronic Priesthood (“lesser” priesthood) to prepare the Israelites to eventually live the higher law.
- Baptism is done by the Aaronic Priesthood, and our temple covenants are done by the Melchezidek Priesthood. Baptism prepares us to make temple covenants.
- How can we prepare to make covenants and truly keep them?
What can I do to prepare to go to the temple?
Coloring Page – Moses and the Ten Commandments
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 4/25
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 4/25:
Invite the children to share with their families any ideas they heard today about how to keep the Sabbath day holy.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 4/25
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 4/25 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 4/25:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 4/25
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Read or watch Becky Craven, “Careful versus Casual,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2019, 9–11
- Watch or read “The Sabbath Is a Delight,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2015, 130
- Watch the video “Sabbath Day—At Home”
- Read or watch “Chapter 20: The Golden Calf“
- 10 Commandments Word Search
- 10 Commandments Jigsaw Puzzle
- The Lord is a Great and Powerful God! Coloring Page
- God’s People Wandered in the Wilderness Word Search
- 10 Commandments Word Tiles
- Another word search about the 10 commandments
- The Golden Calf coloring page
- Watch “The Sabbath Is for You” or “Upon My Holy Day—Honoring the Sabbath”
Are these Come Follow Me 4/25 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!