Come Follow Me 6/20/2022 – Devotionals & FHE for Kids
If you find these Come Follow Me 6/20 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotional
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 6/20 for Kids
- The throne and king referred to in these verses is Jesus Christ.
- What does it mean that Christ is our king?
- Why are you grateful that he is our king?
Make paper crowns and write or draw on them things that remind you of Jesus.
Make Sour Cream Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting and cut them out with crown cookie cutters to decorate the crowns like this.
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 6/20 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 6/20: 1 Kings 8:61
Let your heart therefore be perfect with the Lord our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.
Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures. You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 6/20 for kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 6/20 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 6/20:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 6/20 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 6/20
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Individuals and Families for Come Follow Me 6/20
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
You might also enjoy these Come Follow Me Workbooks for Kids:
If with All Your Hearts (Children’s #15)
- As King, David united all of the children of Israel into one kingdom. Then he had to defend them against the Philistines.
- How can David’s example in verses 17-25 help us with challenges we face?
- How are we seeking the Lord’s direction in our lives?
- In what ways are we being blessed by acting on the revelation we receive?
What can I do to seek the Lord’s direction today?
I Will Follow God’s Plan (Children’s #164)
- When David offered to build a house, meaning a temple, for the Lord (see 2 Samuel 7:1–3), the Lord responded that in fact David’s son would build it
- he Lord also said that He in turn would build David a “house,” meaning a posterity, and that his throne would last forever.
- This promise was fulfilled in Jesus Christ, our Eternal King, who was a descendant of David.
- The Lord always keeps His promises to us, even if they don’t happen in this lifetime.
How have I seen the Lord’s promises in my life?
Hum Your Favorite Hymn (Children’s #152)
- David’s faithfulness to the Lord in the past did not make him immune to temptation.
- He saw a pretty woman, and instead of looking away or trying to think of something else, he thought of her over and over until he committed sins.
- What choices did David make that led him down an increasingly sinful path? What righteous choices could he have made instead?
- How might the adversary be trying to lead you down sinful paths in your own life? What choices could you make now to return to safety?
What should I do when I am tempted into sin?
Listen, Listen (Children’s #107)
- If the Lord said to you, “Ask what I shall give thee” (1 Kings 3:5), what would you ask for?
- What did Solomon ask for?
- Why is Solomon’s request such a valuable gift?
- What can we do to seek this gift?
How can I seek for wisdom?
I Love to See the Temple (Children’s #95)
- For hundreds of years, God’s presence was represented by the portable tabernacle that Moses built. Although David had wanted to build God a more permanent dwelling place, God instead chose David’s son Solomon to build the temple of the Lord.
- How did Solomon feel about the Lord and His house?
- What blessings did Solomon ask for in his prayer?
- How are we blessed by the temple today?
How can I prepare to go to the temple?
Primary Children’s Assignment for Come Follow Me 6/20
The Come, Follow Me – For Primary manual contains a section in each week’s lesson entitled “Encourage Learning at Home.” Here is this week’s invitation for Come Follow Me 6/20:
Help the children think of something they can do to apply what they learned today. Then encourage them to act on their plans.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 6/20
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 6/20 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you. If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 6/20:
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 6/20
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian
- Watch “To Look Upon“
- Read David A. Bednar, “Quick to Observe,” Ensign, Dec. 2006, 30–36.
- Discuss the dangers of pornography, unclean thoughts, and immorality. The following resources could be useful in your discussion: the October 2019 issue of the Ensign or Liahona, the Church’s Addressing Pornography resources (ChurchofJesusChrist.org/addressing-pornography), and the videos “What Should I Do When I See Pornography?” and “Watch Your Step” (ChurchofJesusChrist.org).
- Your family might also enjoy the movie Fireproof
- Watch or read “Chapter 29: King David”
- Read or watch “Chapter 30: King Solomon“
- Watch or read “Chapter 31: The Temple“
- Read these Friend articles about pornography
- Bathsheba – Look at the two pictures and circle the differences
- The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived – Read the story of Solomon and then help Solomon find his way to the chariot at the end of the maze
- King Solomon’s Wisdom – A fun picture of Solomon listening two the two women claim to be the mothers of the same baby boy. Connect the dots, draw what goes in the basket, and color the picture.
- David is crowned king activity pack
Are these Come Follow Me 6/20 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!