If you find these Come Follow Me 1/15 devotionals and other ideas for kids useful, please share them with others!
And don’t miss out on our free 240 page Book of Mormon chapter-by-chapter study guide journal for kids and adults. It’s the perfect companion to this year’s Come Follow Me’s topics.
You can get all of the devotionals here.Last week’s devotionals
Click the topic to jump to where you want to go:
- Family Home Evening
- Scripture of the Week
- Primary Challenge
- Sunday Activity Ideas
- Share on Pinterest!
Family Home Evening for Come Follow Me 1/15 for Kids
When I Am Baptized (Children’s #102)
- How is being physically clean/unclean like being spiritually clean/unclean?
- Talk about how it feels to be unclean and clean.
- Do you have the same feelings about being spiritually clean?
- This comparison is part of the symbolism of baptism where we are washed of our sins.
- How does this better help you understand baptism?
Have a white dessert
Scripture of the Week for Come Follow Me 1/15 for Kids
Work on memorizing this scripture with your children during the week for Come Follow Me 1/15: Nephi 8:12
And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.
You can download these tracing sheets as a PDF.
Devotionals for Come Follow Me 1/15 for Kids
Remember that these are guidelines for you to use in your daily Come, Follow Me 1/15 devotionals with your children! Please don’t feel as though you have to use every single question, journal entry, or activity. Just make sure you look at the activity in advance so you can gather any materials they may require.
Here is a general outline for each devotional for Come Follow Me 1/15:
- Start by singing the song together and saying a prayer
- Read the scripture together, then your family can have a discussion using the questions/comments provided.
- Copy the journal entries into a spiral notebook. The child or the parent can write the question at the top, after which the child can write or draw an answer.
- Have fun together doing the activity as a family!
Modifications for older children for Come, Follow Me 1/15 daily devotionals:
- Explore the footnotes for each of the scriptures listed in Come, Follow Me 1/15
- Ask additional discussion questions found in the Personal Study section of Come, Follow Me – For Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 for Come Follow Me 1/15
- Instead of answering the journal entry with a drawing, you can create a study journal (a simple spiral notebook will work) to answer the question with a few sentences or paragraphs, depending on the child’s age.
- Here are some ideas for marking your scriptures.
“Help Me, Dear Father” (Children’s #99)
- What impresses you about Nephi’s example?
- How are we blessed when we “frankly forgive” each other?
- What does forgiveness look like in our family?
- Watch “The Lord Delivers Nephi from His Rebellious Brothers”
How can I show I forgive someone?
“I Forgive You” second page
The Iron Rod (Hymns #274)
- The vision of the tree of life is a symbol of each of our journey’s through life.
- We can apply many of the symbols in our own life. For example, the Iron Rod represents the word of God.
- How can you hold fast to the Iron Rod?
- Watch “Lehi Sees a Vision of the Tree of Life”
What are the symbols in Lehi’s dream?
I Will Follow God’s Plan (Children’s #164)
- Nephi was commanded to create 2 sets of plates.
- This wise purpose was because the Lord knew that some of the translated manuscript would be lost and then Joseph Smith would need a back of set of plates to translate.
- What does this tell you about the nature of God?
- Should we obey even when we don’t know why?
How can I remember that God is always watching me?
We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet (Hymns #19)
- What was the difference between Nephi’s response to the dream, and Laman and Lemuel’s?
- How do you respond when you are asked to live a gospel principle you don’t understand? What could you do to find answers for yourself?
- Just as Nephi found out for himself that his father’s words were true, we can do the same when we hear the words of modern prophets and apostles.
What can I pray for?
Testimony (Hymns #137)
- Why do you think the Lord would want Lehi’s family—and all of us—to know the truths found in these verses?
- When they testified, the Holy Ghost was able to touch people’s hearts, like Nephi, and encourage them to find the truth for themselves.
- Do you feel a desire to know who Christ is?
How can I strengthen my testimony of Christ?
Primary Children’s Activities for Come Follow Me 1/15
The Come, Follow Me – Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024 manual suggests that you look at this month’s issue of the Friend magazine for more ideas.
There is also an activity page in this week’s section of the CFM manual.
Sunday Ideas for Kids for Come Follow Me 1/15
Use Sundays for a time of reflection; share what you discussed that day in each of your classes. Did you learn anything new or hear a different perspective about what you studied this week?
If you went to a class that did not use the Come, Follow Me 1/15 Manual, then share what stood out to you the most in your class.
Take a few minutes to talk about what parts of Sacrament Meeting you felt like were meant for you
If your younger children are struggling during Sacrament Meeting, try using these Ideas and Activities to Keep Toddlers and Kids Quiet During Church
Here are some activities that go along with this week’s topic in Come Follow Me 1/15
Sunday Kids Activities for Come Follow Me 1/15
- Do this week’s free activity pages from Color Me Christian (or do them in the workbook if you purchased it from Amazon).
- Have the children summarize Lehi’s vision of the tree of life
- Iron rod activity
- Hold to the rod game (June 1988 Friend) A game based on the meaning of Lehi’s dream about the iron rod.
- Holy Ghost obstacle course
- Read “Lehi’s Dream and You,” New Era, Jan. 2015
- Make a prayer rock
- Make soup phone cans to learn more about prayer
- Tree of life coloring page
- Read Kevin W. Pearson, “Stay by the Tree,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2015
- “The Scriptures Are the Word of God” (January 2011 Liahona and Friend). Includes cutouts to tell the story of Lehi’s vision of the tree of life.
Are these Come Follow Me 1/15 ideas for children useful for you? If so, please share on Pinterest or Facebook!