One of our family’s favorite holiday traditions is to collect Christmas ornaments that represent our family vacations. Every time we go on a trip, we purchase an ornament that embodies where we’ve been and what we’ve done. We also love making DIY Christmas ornaments with the kids.
Our goal is to make our Christmas tree decorating meaningful. We can relive those vacations and share our memories with each other as we open each one and decorate our tree.
The kids love making their own decorations as well! When we have homemade ornaments, it shows each child’s stage of life. They represent the child’s current likes and personality. Our tree becomes a time capsule of love, memories, and family.
To help you create your own time capsule, here are 39 DIY Christmas ornaments that are easy enough for your children to make with you! They’ll love seeing their handiwork on the tree, and it will become a cherished family memory to carry throughout the years.
You may also want to check out our other Christmas posts:
- 10 Legitimate Ways to Have a $1,000 Christmas for FREE
- Why We Don’t Do Santa (and What We Do Instead)
- 4 Ways to Never Pay Full Price for Gifts Again
- The World’s Creamiest, Most Delicious Hot Chocolate (in a Crockpot!)
- 13 Gifts I REALLY Want My Kids to Get for Christmas
- How to Keep Christ in Christmas All Through December
- How to Keep Presents from Overwhelming Christmas | Alternatives to Minimalist Christmas Gift Ideas
- 8 Unique Christmas Traditions to Make the Holiday More Meaningful
- 19 Easy Christmas Gifts Kids Can Do
- 17 Simple Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 34 Festive Finger Foods for Christmas Parties that Kids Will Love
- 9 Free Educational Christmas DIY Printables & Games for Kids
- 13 Cute Christmas Cookies Kids Can Make
- 18 Christmas Main Dish Recipes
- 6 Christmas Caroling Treats
- Indoor Christmas Decor Ideas
- Free Christmas Printables for Kids
- 43 Christmas Recipes for Baking
- Christmas Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- Family Activities That Aren’t Food or Presents